Disciple
MY config:
asus p5kpl-cm MOBO
core2duo e700
2x2gb ddr2 transcend ram
500 gb segate
Psu- corsair cx430 NEW
Cabinet- Coolermaster 311 eite NEW

I was excited to Get my new cabinet and psu, assembled and fitted all the things, pc was running super silent atfirst.
I decided to push the cabinet further back, by doing so pc turned off suddenly. I thought there must be some loose wire or something , redid the wiring pc refused to start, only the cpu and back fan was spinning for few seconds and stopped when i tried to turn on the pc, mobo light was on.
Then i thought, the cabinet wiring must be atfault, removed the cabbys power, usb, front audio wires from the mobo, I tried to start the pc by short circuiting it worked , pc started and was on for few hours, when i decided accidently shaked the cabinet, IT was Down again without any warning.
Tried to turn it on again and again but cpu fan was spinning for couple of second then down.
Tried to use the cheapo psu, pc worked for some minutes, then shaked the cabinet to test the problem, same thing happened it shutdown suddenly.

Ultimately, burning smell was coming from the pc, when i saw inside the cabinet there was burn mark on one of mobo's part(don't know which one , it's just below the cmos).

I want to know,
What caused the frying of my mobo?
Did corsair has some hand in making it fry?
Why was the pc shuting down when i shaked the cabinet?

It looks like something is loose inside your cabinet that's causing the motherboard to short out.
Remove the motherboard from the cabinet tray and see if anythings poking out, and that you've got stand-offs for all the motherboard screws, and that there are no extra screws/standoffs installed on the motherboard cabinet tray.

Thanks for the reply,
Already inspected the mobo by removing it from the cabinet , there were no extra screws fitted in the cabinet and no loose screw either.[DOUBLEPOST=1372508235][/DOUBLEPOST]http://i.imgur.com/lHXbh22.jpg
Can anyone identify what is the part that got fried?
Will i be able to run the motherboard smoothly?
How it will affect the performance?

Is your motherboard working? If it is, then use it as long as it works!

I had a look at the pic you posted, and it looks like there's a wire running from the heatsink to one of the burnt out parts, which may have caused the shorting out...did you notice it?

Back