Corsair HX1000, OCZ FLEX II & Improved Cable Management!

Hey thanks a lot guys,

All feedback is appericiated, and yes the cables will get a little better once I get my procy, I'll be strapping them up!

the 9650 is in transit the shitty usps is taking forever, they hardly update their tracking info, I wanted that guy to ship through ups but darn he had already shipped it!

Lol about donation, but I can do this, whenever I'm coming to India, I can bring a gpu or a procy or something that size for any1! will let u guys know when I'm coming!

thats some really neat stuff max, I was just gonna ask wat do u do for a living, and u said ur a student in the US! man...how do u make enough to pay for ur living and get urself such a rig.....awesome tho!!...wat u gonna do with ur old 9800GTx's??

heyy cool rig max .btw go with ati 4870 tri crossfire man .you would not like nvidia to ditch you again by releasing a cheaper 55nm gtx280 ?
and with three 4870 cores you have ur own three terraflop mini supercomputer:bleh:

thanks guys ,Actually the 9800's were in the 30 day period (kind of) so I'm sending them back to where I got them from (tigerdirect), I'm getting all my money back! I could probably send them to any1 in the US, but I'm sure they wont pay me for what I got them for, coz u know they went down to like $200 +tax+shipping, and I got mine for like $560, so I would rather suggest get them from e-tailers who are selling for cheap!

Well I planned this comp out, just coz in summer students can work 40hrs and I'm getting paid a little more than usual + my masters is almost done so I'm hoping to get working from august! But the reason I could get better parts now, coz the load got decreased from before as against buyin everything at the same time!, it hits u bad!

And after thinking a lot - I mean a LOT, I might end up buying a 280 now and put them in sli in a few months (when the 2nd one is kinda cheap). I know it may not sound as good on the wallet, but well, I would doubt if anything can beat a 280 in SLI in the near future and I'm planning to get a bigger lcd in a few months time. So that might justify the horsepower! But still thinking, crap so many cards have come out!

Hm... nice PSU looks like another channelwell design. My thermaltake 1200 looks identical... right down to the bag holding the cables :p. This should easily hold up with an overclocked quad and dual/triple graphics cards.

Chaos said:
Hm... nice PSU looks like another channelwell design. My thermaltake 1200 looks identical... right down to the bag holding the cables :p. This should easily hold up with an overclocked quad and dual/triple graphics cards.

Yeah, Its channelwell OEM. :p I will get mine in my hands most likely tomorrow.

Hm... did a bit of searching up. The internals look identical other than the fact that the corsair uses chemicon instead of hitachi caps on the primary side and these are rated at 105 vs 85 on the default design. The other diff is that secondary caps are solid not electrolytic. The input filtering also has been beefed up slightly. I guess these bits are worth the extra money that the corsairs sell for over the others.

^ If anything, the solid caps are certainly worth the extra dough, especially when your running a 4G+ Quad with Quad SLI!

Chaos said:
Hm... did a bit of searching up. The internals look identical other than the fact that the corsair uses chemicon instead of hitachi caps on the primary side and these are rated at 105 vs 85 on the default design. The other diff is that secondary caps are solid not electrolytic. The input filtering also has been beefed up slightly. I guess these bits are worth the extra money that the corsairs sell for over the others.

Anish said:
^ If anything, the solid caps are certainly worth the extra dough, especially when your running a 4G+ Quad with Quad SLI!
Yep had a thorough discussion before I decided to go for this psu!

Powering Up 2 GTX 280's & a QX9650 - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

this guy mpilchfamily, had a very good understanding about it!

Damn good PSU there. One of the best 1000W units around. Good RAM. I'm on OCZ too Platinum XTC's look lovely. But so do those thick flex heatsinks.
Congrats!

This is the 1st time I'm not reading the whole thread! I so wanted that 1000w Corsair :drool2: ! Congrats, man, u really got a nice thing going and it just kills me that I'm too broke as of now to buy anything :'( , even though I really want it (as opposed to need it :eek:hyeah: ) !!

One of the few times the heart-burn warning in this section has made sense to me :p ! Congo, seriously :hap2: !

Thanks a lot guys! appreciate the feedback, the flex does look slick though the finishing on the edges dont seem very good! It might be the manufacturing process, coz even on the pic in the casing its like that! but still haven't tested it yet, the dam procy hasn't arrived yet, hopefully it comes in today and will post my results with it!

thanks again!

Not sure but to me it appears as if those tiny nozzles will cause a huge drop in pressure. Not worth the effort unless you are planning to build a single separate loop for memory which is very unlikely. I'd rather let a fan cool the ram :p.

Chaos said:
Not sure but to me it appears as if those tiny nozzles will cause a huge drop in pressure. Not worth the effort unless you are planning to build a single separate loop for memory which is very unlikely. I'd rather let a fan cool the ram :p.

Yup, water cooling memory is plain stupid, even if you plan to blindly bump voltage up beyond 2.6v which is highly unlikely. Fans will do the trick. Just my opinion though.

Well if these can do 1200Mhz on air, I'll be satisfied, I got them coz they were cheaper then my older mushkin 1066mhz 4gb kit! And I guess they should work fine without needing wcing!

QX9650 Pics!

Arrived yesterday and with minimum fuss I was able to do some benchmarks on 4 Ghz! So dint get time to upload these, but here we go

Love the box, I must have looked at it on newegg like a zillion times before it actually arrived yesterday :p

The batch number is L740B391, which was supposed to have decent overclockers, and I surely believe its so.

Intel does give a HUGE heatsink with their top of the line! I almost had a feeling this might be better than the Tuniq, judging from the size of it! But well it stays as a backup!

The Chip stands in front of the Huge Fan, does look nice!

The Processor it self, I had read on xs that lower the last 2 digits on the processor the better it is for overclocking, I dont know how true it is but, this hasn't take a lot of volts to reach 4ghz! This surely looks like a nice chip!

Its 34 btw if you cant read it. So thats supposed to be better than 56,67,78 etc.

4ghzspiyt9.jpg

11.8S 1m run, I could have done better, but I dint wanna push!

12kvantageig6.jpg

12237 without Phys X drivers, its a decent push over my previous score!

Btw Banik could you post the last 2 digits of the 2 9650's you have had? Will get a clue how mine is doing.

I'm getting first of the 2 cards by early next week and the 2nd one by end of next week until then I'll only have my laptop :(

Some more pics of the Intel's supplied hsf.

And this is with my 17" laptop!

This looks to me a 120mm fan not sure though.

with my notebook 3.5" hdd,

I kept looking for something to compare with, until I got the ultimate match :p

And this time it seems intel does a decent job with the thermal goop, pretty neat!

Back