PC Peripherals Corsair or Cooler Master Real power

JAK

Disciple
Hi friends with my earlier query solved .. I am back with another query..:bleh:

this times its a SMPS confusion...:mad:

I want it to run the below config(parts of which i plan to add in next few months)

Intel i7 likes of 940 (will buy in Nov 09) along with High End Motherboard

4 x 500 GB HDD inRAID 0 (got two of these presently)

8GB RAM

HD 4770 x 2 (Cross Fire) or 4850 x 2

DVD RW+DVD ROM

So now for SMPS I have a budget of 7000/-(Max not 1 Rupee more)

After going through numerous review sites I have shortlisted the following two Power supply units

1) COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 650

2) CORSAIR TX650W

what is the benefit of having multiple rails vs single 12V rail. I mean if sufficient amps available then even a single 12V rail PSU can SLI/CF then whats the freaking point of a Dual/multiple rail PSU..:huh:

check comparison below...:hap2:

SMPScompare.jpg

Any suggestion what so ever is highly welcome.. also if u people want me to change to some another PSU then even thats welcome...:hap2:

:huh:

Technically, a single rail PSU is superior.

Multiple rails are a requirement of the ATX 2.03 spec (or 2.0, don't remember which) where each rail has to be current limited to a maximum of 20 amps.

Basically, multiple rails is a safety/marketing feature, not indicative of higher performance as the name may suggest.

WingZero said:
single rail is one u shud seek for. They are obviously better. I wud vote for corsair.

Wingzero- you using sms lingo :O

Yeah. Cranky said what need to be said. But I dont see how this topic came up the first place. We have http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/how-choose-good-power-supply-unit-121411.html as a sticky which explain it all. The OP could have just read it and tried to understand about power supplies which I am sure he would have compared the power supplies on his own and made a judgement.

Newbie(s) please read the stickies since the obvious questions and confusions are answered already- all it takes is some patience to read them which newbies dont seem to have. Just my 2 cents.

though I am more inclined towards the corsair TX650 but wanted to know whats the price of "Coolermaster UCP 700W"

JAK said:
though I am more inclined towards the corsair TX650 but wanted to know whats the price of "Coolermaster UCP 700W"

cooler master ucp 700w price-7300+ near about and its come with 5 year warrenty

vela said:
cooler master ucp 700w price-7300+ near about and its come with 5 year warrenty

can any of our inhouse dealers supply the Cooler Master UCP 700W for the above price...???

also which inhouse dealer supplies the Corsair 650TX SMPS...???:hap2:

Back