PC Peripherals Corsair RAM vs Generic ones?

ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
Well in my previous threads i get to learn so much ! just now coming up with one more query for you guys !:hap2: i need minimum 3~4 K for Ram for 4gb , all i see here is corsair is better , 1.3 k u getting Ram for 800 mhz so y spend more for corsair ? how it will improve my performance justifying the price ?:huh:

If you don't mind changing the RAM frequently, then go ahead. You can get cheaper chinese-manufactured RAMs, which may not be covered by Warratny.

Corsair, Crucial, Samsung, Dell, Patriot etc are branded RAMs and they are thoroughly tested. Also they are backed by good Warranties.

ninjarao said:
Well in my previous threads i get to learn so much ! just now coming up with one more query for you guys !:hap2: i need minimum 3~4 K for Ram for 4gb , all i see here is corsair is better , 1.3 k u getting Ram for 800 mhz so y spend more for corsair ? how it will improve my performance justifying the price ?:huh:

Tighter timings, better stability, longer warranty and assured quality enough to justify the price difference? And I don't think everyone says Corsairs are the best. They're better than generics but so are G.Skills, Patriots, particular Transcends, OCZs etc.

If you don't understand what performance gains you can get with tighter timings, I suggest you go for the cheapest branded RAM with good after sales/ warranty. Generics run fine for plain jane machines but one's never too sure about the quality.

Naga said:
If you don't understand what performance gains you can get with tighter timings, I suggest you go for the cheapest branded RAM with good after sales/ warranty. Generics run fine for plain jane machines but one's never too sure about the quality.

I do want to know ! the difference in 3~4 K what would b the best Ram i can get In Delhi ? 4 Gb ! for Amd + 790gx Biostar !

hash said:
And , Overclocking. Most of them have heat spreaders.

Well, as for overclocking, my Transcend 800 runs at 984MHz at stock voltage of 1.8V. :bleh:

I guess its the heat spreaders and the timings (not sure how much performance increase due to tight timings) which cost u. :)

Tron05 said:
i will be getting corsairs only coz of the 10yr warranty !!

which doesnt make sense, since these RAMs wil go obselete in 3-4 years (with the way hardware scene keeps changing at a rapid pace)

If you are looking for VFM, then Transcend P RAMs ( 3 years warranty)

Back