Storage Solutions Corsair voyager 4gb not detecting

I had kept my corsair voyager 4gb in my purse as i was driving back home in bike.When i come home its not detecting in laptop or in my PC ..I HAve vista and windows 7 ,no probs and al, i want my data back guys its not detecting at al ..what to do ??? Donnno how suddenly its not detecting it was fine a day back..:( :huh: :S

Alright , it's completely not detecting or it is detecting but no data is shown?

And are you sure it's not a hardware fault ? Like a damaged pen drive or something.

Confirm this before we proceed.

PS - Also try and check the same pen drive in someone else's computer if you get time and post the result here.

^ i'm guessing that by keeping in wallet and driving bike etc the USB header has got damaged. You might not see it, but some circuitry inside may have come lose. Now that can be replaced, but you said that you need the data fast so keep trying different options...changing ports, different PC, praying, something

sickizblank said:
Alright , it's completely not detecting or it is detecting but no data is shown?
And are you sure it's not a hardware fault ? Like a damaged pen drive or something.
Confirm this before we proceed.

PS - Also try and check the same pen drive in someone else's computer if you get time and post the result here.
its nt detecting at al .. rest of the drives work and other usb work ..don thnk it s a hrdware fault no damages at al..how can it get fault if i kept in my purse it does come with the rubber closing cover.:(

zanderzone said:
^ i'm guessing that by keeping in wallet and driving bike etc the USB header has got damaged. You might not see it, but some circuitry inside may have come lose. Now that can be replaced, but you said that you need the data fast so keep trying different options...changing ports, different PC, praying, something

its nt detecting anywher tryed in different pcs too i kept the drive in my front pocket inside purse and ther was no pressure on it ...i just want my data back drive i ll get a replacement...tryed on all ports ...any thing can be done with l;inux or wat bt for that also drive should detect :( :S :ashamed:

^^ See , as you mentioned earlier that other pen drive's and everything else work as it should , that definitely means that your PD is faulty. It's got nothing to do with either your usb ports / windows or anything else. As for the data i'm not sure. You may try USB data recovery software's and if your luck is good you may end up recovering the data. I'll list some of them in a while.

I remember recovering data for my brother of an MP3 Player which had a similar problem.

~ sick.

roadrippersid said:
Some body help me guys i hav my precious exam data which i will give on wednesday i do hav a back up some whre in my mail...

Better start searching for that data in your mailbox.... In this crunch you cannot expect that a miracle can save your data....:p

sickizblank said:
^^ See , as you mentioned earlier that other pen drive's and everything else work as it should , that definitely means that your PD is faulty. It's got nothing to do with either your usb ports / windows or anything else. As for the data i'm not sure. You may try USB data recovery software's and if your luck is good you may end up recovering the data. I'll list some of them in a while.
I remember recovering data for my brother of an MP3 Player which had a similar problem.
~ sick.

yah i knwo PD header is gone or something ...so its not detecting ...i used file scavenger sw bt tht also dint detect it els could have recovered it ..:( now i hv 2 start searching mymail box it was my microsoft certication files wrong thing happens at the wrong time ..:mad: :mad:

^^ Sad. Good luck with it , also show it to a hardware repair guy , someone might be able to fix it up. No limit to jugar's in India but only if you want to get the data back else get it replaced.

Hi ,

Here You Go ....

1 :The Drive Itself is Not Detected right ? OR Has The Drive Had a Logical Failure ,cos f Its a Logical Error its Easy To USe a DR Software And Get The Same Done .

2 :Lets Assume That You Have Had a Physical Error Means Circuit ot The Main Controller Is Gone ,In That Case Open The Drive And Repair The Circuit Or If The circuit is OK Then We Need To Do Recovery of The USB Flash NAND Drive Controller .

3 :pM Me If You Need any Kinda Assistance and Do Tell Me Where You Are Currently Located At

Amarbir said:
1 :The Drive Itself is Not Detected right ? OR Has The Drive Had a Logical Failure ,cos f Its a Logical Error its Easy To USe a DR Software And Get The Same Done .

yes drive is only not detecting ....no faults 2 days back it was workin fine i kepty in purse now its nt detecting...i ll get a replacement bt i want my data back...:S

Amarbir said:
2 :Lets Assume That You Have Had a Physical Error Means Circuit ot The Main Controller Is Gone ,In That Case Open The Drive And Repair The Circuit Or If The circuit is OK Then We Need To Do Recovery of The USB Flash NAND Drive Controller .

no physical damages anywher something wrong in inner circuitry some header is not working... not able to open corsair voyager/..

Amarbir said:
3 :pM Me If You Need any Kinda Assistance and Do Tell Me Where You Are Currently Located At

wil let u know if i need help...thanks

Back