Laptops Cost 4 Laptop DVD RW for dell B130

too much :p

dont bother with a replacement for that.

instead just get a 5.25" casing for ~600-700 and a normal IDE writer. You can use it through USB :)

i had got a lappy ke liye internal dvd writer from lammigton road about last month.

it was a HL data storage which was quoted anything form 4 k to 5k there. (i got if for 4.2 k from mahadev computers).

almost all pieces there will be hl data storage aka hitachi lg data storage.
(that is something i didnt know then n casued me to pay 200 bucks extra for the branded thing, n the mahadev guy convinced me that he was offering a hitachi ka drive where as the other guy down the lane was quoting 4 k for what he called a chinese company hl data storage ka drive)

techie_007 said:
too much :p

dont bother with a replacement for that.

instead just get a 5.25" casing for ~600-700 and a normal IDE writer. You can use it through USB :)

something i wanted to ask, i guess there shouldnt be any problems with using a usb dvd drive? i mean would i get good quality burns like if used normally in a pc? im thinking of getting one since my laptops drive doesnt read anything.

viralbug said:
something i wanted to ask, i guess there shouldnt be any problems with using a usb dvd drive? i mean would i get good quality burns like if used normally in a pc? im thinking of getting one since my laptops drive doesnt read anything.

It will work so long as you get a decent casing. have used one, works fine.

Got a TAG one. The dealer had two, but he told me one would work properly with DVD-RW other wont, so went with the one which would work properly, no issues with that. Had got it for a friend. Hes looking to sell it off i believe too :p lemme kno ;)

viralbug said:

well, if you dont require it on the go and are willing to connect up a external thing whenever you want to read/burn a cd/dvd, a usb dvd drive will not cause any problems.

viralbug said:

Just that you would have a big brick (the casing with drive inside it). Also dont forget you will be needing the external power connector to use it. I got one from ebay (here in Germany) for 2k (HP External DVD writer) :)

i dont care about the size since my laptop is always at home and wont be carrying it anywhere. im just worried about the quality of casing part, whether a cheap 700rs wala casing will do.
i got a 3.5" hard disk recently with a casing and it already feels a little irritating to plug in the power plug every time. :p
also i hardly need to read/write cds/dvds. when i need to, i use another laptop i have. plus ill be getting a dell headset and qck now. so no money left. :p (i am still a student :ashamed:) so wont be buying it as of now.

Back