*cough cough*

Vasishta.Sushant said:
16102010262.jpg

Polk Audio - TSi Series Loudspeakers

I was getting fed up with the non convincing personal audio stuff. Somehow those things are not for me. I wanted the real deal.

Wanted to buy a system primarily for the music but something that is scalable to a full surround system. After my two month long research, I was finalized on Yamaha 467 and these polks for my setup. I searched all day, today, for these two but the Yamaha was not in the stock anywhere. So I just picked these for the time being.

Hooked them up with my previous JHANDU Samsung Z220 receiver. You need to trust me, I've not been more happy in the recent times. The combination is brilliant and I am very sure I wouldn't be even thinking of getting a new AVR soon.

The added advantage is the USB support on the Samsung receiver. I can now lie down on my bed and can control all my playlists using the remote control. Exactly what I wanted. With the Yamaha, I would have been stuck.

These floorstanders can take inputs from 20 to 150W at 6ohm. My receiver is giving them like 50W and these are responding amazingly.

Not even the RE-0s sounded that good to me. Soon my RE-0 and the UDAC combo will be out in the market.

Personal Audio can not meet the real feel of the speakers so diverting myself to the REAL world.

I simply can't express how delightful I am feeling right now.
Oh My God ,
I Lost a Potential Client Lol Anyway Congrats

Oh My God ,

I Lost a Potential Client Lol Anyway Congrats
I somehow knew that something similar would be coming :p

O bhaji, miss pooja layi nigger speaker hi chahide....those IEMs don't stand a chance :p

@Sivakuru

You might be correct but I am not seeing much of quality degradation as compared to the Denon Amplifier on which I got a demo of these speakers. I am sure the contentment of saving a quarter of a Lakh will be enough to keep me glued to the Samsung System.

Even I was undermining the capabilities of it. Only when I hooked these polks, the whole system is really shining.

I agree that the sub that came up with this samsung system is not good enough, when seen in unison with these polks but its working fine.

BTW these speakers are also coming from ProFX. There are ProFX stickers all around the boxes. I guess they were the ones who first imported them.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thanks guys.

Check few more pics added in the first post. Clicked with my phone cam so spare me the rants :p

whoa......you went to punjab!!...drank something there!!
17.5K ..!! great purchase, just great!looks super exotic. yeah dont buy a reciever now ....get a better one when going for surround, later.

and here i was thinking you are not back from punjab ....back with a bang i'd say !!

^^^

Actually I didn't went to Punjab. Again due to some messy reason. So while I was here, I thought of getting something I always wanted. And I kinda pushed it since yesterday was last NAVARATRI.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
@Sivakuru
You might be correct but I am not seeing much of quality degradation as compared to the Denon Amplifier on which I got a demo of these speakers.

Even I was undermining the capabilities of it. Only when I hooked these polks, the whole system is really shining.

Great!. I am glad to know that the Samsung is able to drive the polks to your satisfaction. BTW I often hear people mention
that the polks are bright. I did not find them when I auditioned some time back but may be they were burnt-in. Do you find
them bright when new?.

Not really bright.

You see people have different choices. Somehow the voice reproduction of polks suits well to my taste and I had a deep faith in polk audio's workmaship. I had these polk audio db691s and db401s in my car and they still rock the world, even after early three years.

If you liked them in hour audition, I am sure you'll like them later as well.

Gratz on the purchase mate.....enjoy them !!!! :D :D

@Sivakuru: I had heard TSI400 and were bright/sharp when paired with a Denon 1610 AVR, but when i heard at a dealer with a Norge and a Yamaha AVR, they were very 'neutral/normal'.So, i think the source plays an important part with these FS,as both pieces were less than 20 hours old.

Copngratulations Shushant! Thats a beautiful pair, had a chance to audition them sometime back, I found the highs excellent but the mids recessed and since I listen to a lot of new age and classical vocal had to have better mids so gaev these a miss. Nonetheless @17.5 these are good speakers.

Treat thy ears!

Congrats Sushant ...so you finally decided on these ...
My dealer is not going below 21k till now, else would have picked them up too over the weekend...
Enjoy the sound

Back