Monitors Couple of LCD questions

hanifv

Disciple
I recently bought a new rig with ViewSonic vg1930wm. Happy with it so far. But I have some questions...

Firstly, is it safe to keep the LCD on for long hours? What should I do when I leave the computer on for downloading? Should I turn it off manually, should I keep the turn off option in windows ?

Secondly, how should I go about cleaning the LCD? The monitor guide suggests I should use a non-ammonia based cleaner. Any idea what cleaner should I use? Also read somewhere that i can use water.

Any dos and donts suggestions regarding LCDs is welcome.

You can have windows monitor off enable. It takes only 1w. More than this i dont have knowledge :)

Cleaning I am not sure if you can find nearby you or not. You can get some thing called OptiMAX or a product made by Phillips .. specifically for LCD screens.

will check later and post you details.

i dont think image persistance is an issue with lcds but you might want to avoid leaving the same image on for long periods. as long as you use a screen saver it should be ok. but do turn it off when not in use or set it to standby after sometime and save some electricity

for cleaning lcds, just use any old soft cloth thats slightly damp , i hardly bother with any fancy things. just remember to dust it off first in case the dust particles cause scratches

of course you dont want droplets falling somewhere so make sure you wring that cloth you use real good

i think wiping with a soft dry cloth daily on a regular basis will keep the thing clean, just takes a minute to do so.

personally i avoid damp cloths as the tend to leave wiping marks on the screen/body.

yeah .. dont use wet cloth .. and make sure no dust particle on screen when you wipe with dry cloth also dont press too hard .. in case there is a piece of sand .. it may scratch the screen ..

This way .. CRT is best :)

sunilyo said:
i think wiping with a soft dry cloth daily on a regular basis will keep the thing clean, just takes a minute to do so.

personally i avoid damp cloths as the tend to leave wiping marks on the screen/body.

ya true.. but i usually end up with some spill stains on screen so usually use a damp cloth along with a buffing cloth to clean up streak marks

bottle said:
but i usually end up with some spill stains on screen

STATUTORY WARNING:

=================

DRINKING (IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER) IS INJURIOUS TO YOUR (MONITOR'S) HEALTH. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back