Court slams ICICI Bank, fines it Rs 2 lakh

Emperor

Skilled
ICICI Bank, India's largest private sector bank, has been fined Rs 2 lakh (Rs 200,000) for knocking at the judiciary's door on false pretext by a Delhi court which asked it to have a sense of responsibility matching its size.

"The larger the size of an organization or institution, the greater is the sense of responsibility expected from it," said the court while holding ICICI Bank guilty of making false claims to court secure its order to seize the vehicle of an alleged bank loan defaulter.

Source

And our dear Big B is endorsing ICICI just to feed himself ! Big B endorsed Cadbury after they found dead insects inside :rofl: as well. He is more hungry than anyone to get cash !

^^ I remember some comedy guy on tv doing a bit about abishek bacchan getting "mera baap sab bechta hai" tattooed on his arm.

I've heard too many bad stories about ICICI. My company used to use ICICI until a few months back, then they started started making new salary accounts only with ING and Axis as they had received too many complaints about ICICI from employees(this is what the HR lady told me at least)

ICICI offers convnience and good service...but charge unreasonable amounts for services like outstation cheques,minimum balance (10k for saving accounts) etc. Last year it was the no.1 bank in losses for NPA (non-performing assets). I use it, but *very* carefully and after reading the fine print. Tomorrow going to open a demat account, will read all the fine print. :D

I have always had a pleasant experience with ICICI's service, convenience and clear rules.
I have goood experience with salary account (6 years), ICICI Prudential, Money2India and ICICI MF.

Much better than the state banks where I am bored of visiting the branch n number of times for simple things.

there is always a hidden price for convenience.

as long as we dont pay it in some random way ( misc charges etc) ICICI is a great bank

Otaku said:
ICICI offers convnience and good service...but charge unreasonable amounts for services like outstation cheques,minimum balance (10k for saving accounts) etc. Last year it was the no.1 bank in losses for NPA (non-performing assets). I use it, but *very* carefully and after reading the fine print. Tomorrow going to open a demat account, will read all the fine print. :D
Thats exactly what I feel too! Every time I go to the bank, someone comes over to attend to my query. Also, the services are very convenient. But the service charges, fines etc are very high.

I don't like ICICI's service in my city especially their main branch which matches SBI in efficiency. ICICI is to be blamed here 'coz instead of opening more branches they opened much more a/c's in a single branch then they could handle, that to in the business center of the city.

Now that they have more branches across the city they still have the highest customer base in that oldest branch & still work like SBI... In other branches they hardly have 1-2 cash counters to serve the customers.... :(

^ With ICICI, AFAIK there is no need to visit your home branch for transactions. You can visit any branch in the same city and there are no extra charges in this case even for cash deposits.

Even I'm using ICICI for the past 5 years and I'm extremely happy with their services except for the high QAB requirements and charges for cash transactions.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

hunt3r said:
I've heard too many bad stories about ICICI. My company used to use ICICI until a few months back, then they started started making new salary accounts only with ING and Axis as they had received too many complaints about ICICI from employees(this is what the HR lady told me at least)
I don't know about ING but I have a home loan with Axis Bank. I've observed their customer care is joke compared to ICICI at least for home loans. ICICI has 40 counters at their Bangalore head office for loans while Axis Bank has 2 at their Jayanagar head office. Their all India toll free no. is another joke. Call up and they will give you the local head office no. to call instead of resolving your concern. Call the local office and it goes to someone's desk who may or may not be in the mood to pick up the call :O.
Otaku said:
Yes, their annual quarterly balance of 10K is unreasonably high. Their draft charges are excessive also.
Sanav3 said:
I have always had a pleasant experience with ICICI's service, convenience and clear rules.
I have goood experience with salary account (6 years), ICICI Prudential, Money2India and ICICI MF.

Much better than the state banks where I am bored of visiting the branch n number of times for simple things.
I agree. I've an SBI a/c and I have to keep visiting the branch to get simple things done. Their personal banking branches (PBBs) are better but as far as the regular branches go, they're quite disorganized. Not even a board at some branches to indicate what counter it is.
Also, not all private banks are good in this aspect. HDFC Bank for example derives perverse pleasure in having you visit their branch all the time for simple issues such as enable 3rd party transfer. Also, their system of online funds transfer is really irritating where they delay you by one day after you have added a payee to transfer funds to just as a safety precaution. (I don't understand how it adds to safety if one does not check his list of payees on logging in).
HailStonE said:
I don't like ICICI's service in my city especially their main branch which matches SBI in efficiency. ICICI is to be blamed here 'coz instead of opening more branches they opened much more a/c's in a single branch then they could handle, that to in the business center of the city.

Now that they have more branches across the city they still have the highest customer base in that oldest branch & still work like SBI... In other branches they hardly have 1-2 cash counters to serve the customers.... :(

This is the problem with ICICI. They have too many customers and they're constantly trying to increase their customer base without constituting more branches to serve their increasing customer base. I simply avoid ICICI bank and ATMs on saturdays due to the weekend crowd.

But I have to appreciate that they handle the volume to the best of their ability. If SBI had such a volume of customers on a weekend, they would collapse.
I also appreciate that their open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. They are a good bank for banking on weekdays. It's about time banks like HDFC, Citibank and other private banks match these timings.

Also, not all private banks are good in this aspect. HDFC Bank for example derives perverse pleasure in having you visit their branch all the time for simple issues such as enable 3rd party transfer. Also, their system of online funds transfer is really irritating where they delay you by one day after you have added a payee to transfer funds to just as a safety precaution. (I don't understand how it adds to safety if one does not check his list of payees on logging in).

As soon as you add a 3rd Party payee, you get an SMS & an email that you have added a 3rd party so you dont have to check if any new payee has been added everytime you login

So you can take action in the next 24 hours to cancel the request in case some one is trying a fraud.

Hence the 24 Hrs cooling period is desirable.

Moreover, if you are in a hurry, you can always go to any branch & do a neft transfer

Otaku said:
no use :p

better go with a dedicated trader. I recommend Indiabulls.

_

DigitalDude said:
no use :p

better go with a dedicated trader. I recommend Indiabulls.

_
Lol...I just opened it, but just to purchase Infra. bonds. No day trading on this one. :D. Smooth experience, btw. Had to sign at 20-25 different places, and verification is still pending. :(

Small correction. Big B endorses ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.

About ICICI Bank, what I really like is the online platform. Just works all the time, and feels like the security is well though out.

I am using ICICI for almost 6 yrs now. It was my first bank, and I really feel its very good with its CC.
I feel that their online services are very good, you can do almost all the tasks from their site itself.
I only visit the branch to drop cheques, (since my icici atm is further from the icici bank branch. ;))

Also the points (gud n bad) made by sydras is very valid.

Lol just 2 lakhs!!!? I mean yea ok, the vehicle might not be much costly but come on! It should have fined ICICI much much more than that so that those bastards don't do it with other people in future. Why does our courts always fine in pennies! Fines should also go the inflation way IMO :D

shravank30 said:
As soon as you add a 3rd Party payee, you get an SMS & an email that you have added a 3rd party so you dont have to check if any new payee has been added everytime you login
So you can take action in the next 24 hours to cancel the request in case some one is trying a fraud.
Hence the 24 Hrs cooling period is desirable.
Moreover, if you are in a hurry, you can always go to any branch & do a neft transfer

You're right. I just added a payee today and received the SMS. Now, I have to wait for 24 hours.

I want to keep my branch visits to a minimum and for more serious things. I therefore prefer Citibank's and ICICI's system of entering a unique registration no. that is SMSed to your mobile when you add a payee. (The only problem being that one needs to have a mobile phone in order to receive the SMS. But then, I don't think there is anyone left who doesn't have a mobile phone. I should know. I was one of the last adopters who held out till 2008 :p.)

I think Citibank is the best in terms of online money transfer i.e if you make online fund transfers frequently. No waiting and no need to have your ATM card.
ICICI has a 2nd layer of authentication (read frustration :-[) i.e. their grid based authentication system that requires you to ALWAYS have your ATM card with the grid numbers for each and every transaction.

Back