cPanel/Addon Domain problem

REY619

Disciple
Hello guys, I have a problem.

I have a site with a decent hosting package that provides 5 addon domains to be hosted on the same hosting account. I have added one Addon domain and this is the structure so far -

my original site-
/myoriginalsite/public_html/index.php

my addon domain-
/myoriginalsite/public_html/addonsite.com/index.html

My original site has wordpress installed which works fine. Now in my addon site i created a sub-directory named forum and installed myBB forum in it. But when I go to www.addonsite.com/forum/ the forum loads but its all messed up, its not loading the CSS/javascripts/stylesheets which come with the myBB installation and the text is all over the page with no formatting. And if I go to addonsite.com/forum/ it gives a 404. :(

Sorry if its confusing but someone might be having an idea what is going on and what I have to do to get it sorted.

Please tell me and I wll PM you the sites to have a look at it yourself.

Thanks.

P.S. Mods please move it if its the wrong forum.

You will need to setup a permanent redirect from xyz.com to www .xyz.com to get rid of the 404

For your first part I think the folder path is not correctly set in your new site config. The path is /myoriginalsite/public_html/addonsite.com/forum. Is that correct?

SO I suggest you take a look at places where path for the forum home and other folders is specified in the forum settings. See if the relative path to the CSS and images folder is correctly set in the theme settings.

Renegade said:
You will need to setup a permanent redirect from xyz.com to www .xyz.com to get rid of the 404

For your first part I think the folder path is not correctly set in your new site config. The path is /myoriginalsite/public_html/addonsite.com/forum. Is that correct?

SO I suggest you take a look at places where path for the forum home and other folders is specified in the forum settings. See if the relative path to the CSS and images folder is correctly set in the theme settings.

Yes that is the correct path. The problem is I can not even log into the site, it just keeps on giving 404 or reloads to main messed up index page of the forum.

Regarding the permanent redirect can you tell me what should I add in the following redirect settings inside the cPanel -

856feebb649adb2e6b28f52c611c54ff.png

Thanks.

REY619 said:
Regarding the permanent redirect can you tell me what should I add in the following redirect settings inside the cPanel -
I could not see that image behind the websense but you can follow this article to setup a 301 redirect - Redirects

As for your site related problems, I can only help if I set it up from scratch. Otherwise you can try it yourself. I am not really good at remote troubleshooting. :p

REY619 said:
Yes that is the correct path. The problem is I can not even log into the site, it just keeps on giving 404 or reloads to main messed up index page of the forum.

856feebb649adb2e6b28f52c611c54ff.png

Thanks.

Use the following settings :

http://(www.)? <Your Addonsite.com> / <leave this space blank>

redirects.to---> <youroriginalsite.com/youraddonsite>

and check this option --> Redirect with or without www.

This will solve your 404 problem.

And regarding the messed up forum, you need to set the paths right as mentioned by Renegade already.

Thanks guys. :)

The forum showing up all messed up got rectified itself overnight. Guess it was DNS problem. It wasnt fully propagated.

And I am not getting 404 too, but when i open www.addonsite.com, it changes to addonsite.com. the www part gets removed itself, though site is working fine.

@systembuilder I will try your settings, it might work.

Thanks.

Back