PC Peripherals CPU coolers ??? which one ??

For 2500k & q6600 (G0)
Suggest few cpu coolers
Budget : 3000 rs
Brand any until & unless it will do its job
My choices are hyper 212 + or Evo , tunic tower120 Ext, Ximatech Dark knight
Any other plz mention
Q6600 planning to Oc 3.6ghz or higher
2500k 5ghz.

Am using evo. Its awesome... My phenom 2 fell from 55 degrees idle to 30 degrees idle at stock volts... Its available at FK for around 2.2K...

@kaneunderground Get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/-.

I upgraded from my Hyper 212+ to this, although the performance difference is not earth shattering; because after a point the limitations of the heat-sink cooling methodologies creep in [a lot depends on the ambient temperature and cable routing].

These are the points that won me over --
  • one of the best 120mm heat-sinks available;
  • silent operator;
  • compatible with any socket from Intel LGA 775 to current LGA 2011 [even ASUS-X socket], same story with AMD also Noctua keeps releasing update brackets as and when feasible [for free];
  • 6 years direct replacement warranty.

Other heat-sinks that you can look at --
Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit 120mm ~1700/- + importing CPU brackets
Thermalright Silver Arrow ~3900/- + importing CPU brackets
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
SVG Tech AOC 120ST ~3000/- [not aware of compatibility]

For Prime ABGB purchases have a word with @chiragsthakur; really helpful and can get a few quid shaved in these dire times.

Also tagging @nikolain, he can give you an accurate low down on the SVG heat-sink.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ALPHA17

Except LGA2011, SVG TECH AOC 120ST & 120DT supports all other sockets, but i will send out LGA 2011 brackets to anyone who want it for free in coming 2-3 months, i suggest you go with AOC 120DT at least, you can check out the review over here AOC 120 DT

Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit 120mm ~1700/- + importing CPU brackets
Thermalright Silver Arrow ~3900/- + importing CPU brackets
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
SVG Tech AOC 120ST ~3000/- [not aware of compatibility]

ALPHA17 is right on track :) been using the u12p for 2 years now. awesome piece. and it is quite significant when compared to hyper 212 might i add. i lost a whole 4 degrees after upgrading on idle and around 8-10 degrees on load. however i believe it is easier to setup u12p compared to hyper 212 :) really very easy

In comparision cogage true spirit is not great at all!! noctua nh-d14 and thermalright silver arrow are the best in class air coolers but are huge and ram and case compatibilty come into play a lot with these heatsinks. Unless your case and mobo fit these and you dont have vengeance or taller rams then you can go for these.

SVG however is quite a new brand but one thing is for certain, their customer care is top notch ;) eh nikolain

ALPHA17 is right on track :) been using the u12p for 2 years now. awesome piece. and it is quite significant when compared to hyper 212 might i add. i lost a whole 4 degrees after upgrading on idle and around 8-10 degrees on load. however i believe it is easier to setup u12p compared to hyper 212 :) really very easy

In comparision cogage true spirit is not great at all!! noctua nh-d14 and thermalright silver arrow are the best in class air coolers but are huge and ram and case compatibilty come into play a lot with these heatsinks. Unless your case and mobo fit these and you dont have vengeance or taller rams then you can go for these.

SVG however is quite a new brand but one thing is for certain, their customer care is top notch ;) eh nikolain
Thanx :)

I was hoping SVG tech can care their customer with big slash of price .. I am keeping svg tech as an option & looking for closed loop coolers cuz I am afraid to buy all expensive noctua & get F##d up :D which wont fit in many cabins mine is top mounted PSU I am old skool guy trying to max utilize old procy to max I know its a old tank I have got & new one 2500k is new dog in the house. I m still happy with my old Q6600 had two pc with q6600 selling off B3 & keeping this as memory cuz it was my high end build :D

I was hoping SVG tech can care their customer with big slash of price.

I think @nikolain has already reduced prices quite a bit, it will be a little unfair when you can bag a SVG Tech HOC 40 [which beats the Corsair H100 easy] for a much lower price tag [almost ~1000/- quid cheaper].

I have experience with Noctua's technical support, I needed an adapter for the cooler to fit in a different orientation on my AM3 socket system. So I filled up the appropriate form and within a time-span of 2 weeks they had dispatched the adapter in question to me [free of charge] and they have a similar system for Warranty claims if I am not wrong.

So go with whichever suits you Sire, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back