PC Peripherals cpu cooling advice

LDC

Disciple
hi.
i am typing this from a phone because of a broken comp so please pardon me not being able to use the formag of asking questions here bt i ve tried to give the relevant info.

while cleaning my cpu fan the wire broke off do now i cant start my pc without frying the proc up.

proc: amd athlon.My cpu model is ADX6000CZBOX
imobo: a785ge biostar

i tried searchin online on ebay and could only find coolermaster fans witin budet of 2grands but they are all 3wires instead of the 4wires that the defaukt fan of my amd proc tat broke. the products also say 'upto 65w while my proc is sppsd to b 125w.

i dnt wnt 2 go 2 lamington rd becoZ i think its easier to get misled there in the rush and lack of availability oc expert advice. so can u pls link to me the exact product on any recommended online indian site?

i hope the proc model and mobo model info are all you will need to help me.
also, the default fan that I got does not have the four screws that are shown on threw cheapest cooler master ones you will find on ebay. Mine has something like clips on two sides. not sure if you needed that info.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance.

You might be able to find the stock AMD fan at Lamington road if you don't want to change the cooler.

Otherwise look for a cooler which is compatible with socket AM2 which is what you have. Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a good option.

Also even the 3 pin fans will still work off the same header, the 4th pin is for the PWM control to allow the mobo to control the fanspeed.

Thanks. I just was wondering that the '65w' mentoined won't be a problem with the 125w I have and there is no catch since the whole product (fan with sink) seems just around 500 bucks.

@OP, what do you exactly mean by the wire broke off??

Are you referring to the cooler fan wires? A pic would be better.

If you are sort of expert, then you can simply join the wires or even solder them.

one of the four wires has come off from the fan. So even if I could solder it no one would be able to reach inside iwthout opening the fan up. And no one I checked with (electric or computer guys ) could open it up.

hey guys. Thanks for your advices. the wire that broke is enough to make the fan stop working so I am guessing it's not the one that controls the fan speed. I don't remember the colour though. but it was either second or third in row of the soldering order depending on what side you count from.

I was reading reviews on newegg that you linked to and it seems the fan is perfect for low end htpc use. considering my processor, I use my pc a lot for 720p and 1080p video viewing. On windows 7 my current stockfan would keep the proc around a temp of 58 to 68 degrees C. (Much lower if Windows7 was a new install). So if the W usage goes about 65W does that mean the fan will just stop working or the temp would rise to around the mentoined numbers for the stock fan's performance?

I thank you again for the advice you are givingme. I just am not sure if I should spend 500bucks and regret it later or spend 2.5 grand on a cooler I wouldn't need in the future really.

LDC said:
hi.

i am typing this from a phone because of a broken comp so please pardon me not being able to use the formag of asking questions here bt i ve tried to give the relevant info.

while cleaning my cpu fan the wire broke off do now i cant start my pc without frying the proc up.

proc: amd athlon.My cpu model is ADX6000CZBOX

imobo: a785ge biostar

i tried searchin online on ebay and could only find coolermaster fans witin budet of 2grands but they are all 3wires instead of the 4wires that the defaukt fan of my amd proc tat broke. the products also say 'upto 65w while my proc is sppsd to b 125w.

i dnt wnt 2 go 2 lamington rd becoZ i think its easier to get misled there in the rush and lack of availability oc expert advice. so can u pls link to me the exact product on any recommended online indian site?

i hope the proc model and mobo model info are all you will need to help me.

also, the default fan that I got does not have the four screws that are shown on threw cheapest cooler master ones you will find on ebay. Mine has something like clips on two sides. not sure if you needed that info.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance.

Hi I have got extra CPU cooler for AMD socket, i can give you its FAN for less amount pm me.. I stay in mumbai.

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your help. I brought the CM Hyper TX3 from Lamington (ITWares shop, to prevent the shipping time). The price is INR 1,250 instead of 1,150 that they show on the website.

I am glad I had to go through this cost because I realise how much cooler my CPU is now (temp is now in 30s intead of the 60s it was before the current cooler screwed up. Let's see how it fares after 3months of dust torture from my location :S

Have a great New Year ya'll!!

good choice. TX3 is leaps ahead of the stock cooler and is really cheap considering other cooler. Just remember to clean the cooler every 4~6 months for optimal performance and long life for the fan.

Back