CPU frying!!

I need help with Windows7. I was running on windows7 64bit but was facing heating problem. Some applications like SDC2.40 when max. transfers were on (8mbp+ up and 8mbps down), CS1.6 my cpu temp shoots up to 72degrees. Thats when I decided to put some good thermal paste and install some other OS.

I purchased Arctic Silver 5 and installed XP just to check the workings. To my ashtonishment CPU temp was steady at 48 degress (earlier it was 39-40degrees). And the working was glichty. So I now installed 32bit Windows7. The temp is steady at 40degrees and at times jumps to max 48dgrees and when I run CS it is at 52degrees or so. Also with 32bit I am just getting 2.75Gb usable of 4Gb installed.

What should I be doing? Switch back to win7 64bit or let 32bit keep running?

Quite rare that the OS change will cause so much thermal deltas. Guess your TIM application was botched.

Still the problem persist. The system is good enough on a 32bit Windows7. I reinstalled Windows7 64bit,flashed my HDD completely and updated my BIOS too. But the problem with the heating persists.

I am now just copying my files from external HDD to my HDD the temp is fluctuating from 55C to 60C. None of the other applications are running except Google chrome and Avira antivir in the background. The idle temp keeps fluctuating like crazy from 40C to 60C.

Got any ideas? Should I try some other version of 64bit Windows 7?

Yea I did and reapplied Arctic Silver 5 but no avail :(

Here is a screenshot of CoreTemp

[attachment=8680:15177.attach]

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 68
I think the surface of heatsink is not putting pressure on the processor and is not making perfect contact with processor surface... Keep pressure on the heatsink manually and turn on the PC and monitor the temps...

Back