CPU/Mobo CPU : High Fan speed and high Temp.

Nishu

Adept
Hi guys i dont know why my CPU fan is making a lot of noise.

I have checked the temps and are 45 C at load and the fan speed is 5000+ RPM.

And there is a lot of heat and can be felt at side of Cabinet.

So do i have to tweak the bios to set the fan or is it normal.

And i think there is no issue with GFX as i runs quiet and load temp is 50 c.

So i am little worried .

What can i do.

Re: CPU:High Fan speed and high Temp.

If you could pin point the source of the heat, it would help. As far as the fan noise, there is a setting, shall be posting this info next time I enter the bios.

When the CPU Fan is in Auto the fan speed is 5k+ rpm when playing any games.

And in BIOS just now i have changed the FAN mode to PWM from AUTO.

In PWM its 2.5 k rpm at idle.

And when i play any game it jumps to 4.6 k rpm and lot of heat and noise, but the sound is not as loud as in Auto mode but it is still noisy.

And also is 1.4 v Normal CPU Vcore ,my bios has that value for Vcore as normal.

Hi

Typical of a phenom/athlon and the motherboard default vcore. Lower the vcore to 1.3 and your problem should be solved. I have an athlon x3 and a gigabyte 785gm with a default vcore of 1.414V to be exact, way too high it seems.

Set vcore manually. Temps will drop at least 10 Degrees C. This will solve your temperature problem.

The fan will still run at 5k rpm when playing games. Use speedfan to control fanspeed after configuring it properly. Or you can use the mobo's built in fan speed control software. An oversensitive thermistor seems to be the problem in this case. I have read many such posts with similar issues. You might notice that fan speed slows down when you remove the side panel of the cabinet.

Cant comment on Amd specific issues..but the following are a few basic stuff for any system:

1. Check the Heat-Sink ...Is there too much dust and crud clogging up the slots???

2. If your comfortable , try applying a new coat of HSF as the previous coat may be history by now.

Also most mobos allow the user to set set at what temp the fan shall be at 100% fan speed.Check if that has been altered.

K temps are K

But the issue is Fan ,it makes alot of noise at 5k rpm.

And is in anyway easytune is responsible for this.

1)So can lower the fan speed.

2)And does it effect the temps .

3)Did everyone who has 955BE faced similar issue.

You mean usually stock fans will reach 5k + rpm on load and it doesn't damage any component(CPU).

If it doesn't harm CPU then i am OK with the noise. :)

Does applying good TIM solve the issue ?

Nope, TIM will not help. The indicator to watch is your CPU temp. As long as it's fine (and 45 is fine for your city at this time, expect it to go to 55 in summer) you're in the clear, the fan is just doing its job.

I've seen AMD fans doing 6.3k rpm and screaming like a banshee.

If it stops, the CPU will shut down.

Don't worry. The only harm that will happen is your ears will go bust eventually.

Back