CPU+Mobo+GPU+RAM+SoundCard for 30K

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
1.Q: What is your budget?
a.30K
2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Have Monitor, PSU (Powerful enough, Silverstone 700W+), Antec SuperLanBoy Cabinet etc etc

Need only CPU+MotherBoard+RAM+GPU

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a.Monitor - ViewSonic 20"
b.SMPS - Some SMPS
c.(please mention the rest in above format)

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
a.CPU
b.Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (With BuiltIn Soundcard, Soundblaster atleast)
c.GPU -
d.RAM

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final Config for atleast 1.5-2 years
6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Will try locally but open to Online/TE dealer

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
a.Yes (From a Reputed Member)

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
a.Gaming (Should run BF:BC2,Borderlands,SaintsRow2,RedFaction Guerrilla etc with highest settings)
b.Watching HD movies

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
a.Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All at high settings ->BF:BC2,Borderlands,SaintsRow2,RedFaction Guerrilla
11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1.Gaming - 1280x728
2.Desktop - 1440x900
Dont know
12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Wouldnt like to Overclock but can tweak proccy 2-300 MHz I guess
13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 bit

a.CPU - PhenomII X6 1075T - 9.2k
b.Motherboard - MSI 880GMA-45 - 5.2k
c.GPU - HIS Radeon HD6850 1GB GDDR5 - 11k (Can handle most games @high settings even @Full HD)
d.RAM - Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600​C9 - 2.6k

Total: 28k

Get a sound card for 2k. Not sure about the brands of cards.

Though i would strongly recommend you to wait till Sandy Bridge. (Just 10 days away and look at the performance and then go for a upgrade)

DarkAngel said:
Though i would strongly recommend you to wait till Sandy Bridge. (Just 10 days away and look at the performance and then go for a upgrade)
Second that DA.

@DC: Seriously consider waiting a little for SandyBridge. And for the GPU do take a look at the 460s on sale by anks. I've always had a very good experience with him, having purchased a lot of stuff from him.

There will be a lot of new launches in January, so no point in suggesting at the moment. Processors based on Intel Sandy Bridge architecture will be flooding the market. Not to forget Nvidia 5series mainstream cards as well as AMD 6-series mainstream cards will also be released after 2-3 months.

Since you've good budget, I'll suggest you to wait. Bump the thread in mid-march. No use deciding a config now if you don't want to buy in a months time.

I think we should add When are you planning to buy the system? question too in the Template for "What Should I Buy".

Thanks for the replies guys :).
So I should wait for 2 weeks and then look at the options?
Also, any idea on how powerful (new features/speciality) are the sandy bridge based processors?
Are they quadcore or something? :ashamed:

Yes initial batches are quad cores. Clock for clock they are expected to have a ~15-20% boost over the current series and even the prices have come out :D Most importantly they are based on 32nm fab whereas current i5 760 is based on 45nm fab. So u can expect a drop in power consumption too :) Only -ve other than the specially unlocked K-series proccies rest of the proccies cannot be OCed by more than ~3%-5%.

The Sandy i5 2400 (3.1GHz, 4 Cores, 3.4GHz on turbo) is listed by 9.9k by a indain e tailer

Delta - The Best in IT in INDIA

lose the soundcard. at this price, and on W7, for games, there isnt much it can help you with.

save up and get a decent DAC ( fiio E7 types) if you want better sound :)

Back