Cpu + mobo + ram @ 12

xcept89

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
A1. 12K

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
A3.CRT Monitor 17" .. max res 1280x1024 , will change to 22" lcd later
Cabinet,VIP GOLD 500 W smps , ATI 5750

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
A4. CPU ( AMD/Intel),MOtherboard(DDR3+USB3),DDR3 Ram (1600 MHz)

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
A5. Yes, for atleast 3 years

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
A6. Lamington Road

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
A7. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
A8.1.Gaming
2. Multitasking a lot
3. Coding and Video Converting
4. Watching HD movies
5. Downloading Rig

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
A9. No such preference.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
A10. FPS,Racing..

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
A11. 1280x1024 for now..

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
A12. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
A13. Windows 7 ,Windows XP

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955BE - 6750

Motherboard - Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H/MSI 880GMA-E45 - 4800/5200

RAM - Corsair Value 1333Mhz 2GB - 1000

Total: 12550/12950

Add a 2GB stick later... Dont skimp on the CPU coz its a great CPU...

Suggested u motherboards that have both USB3+Sata3...

This Rig wud easily last for atleast 2 yrs... :)

No intel proci will fit my budget ??

@hades : thanx for d config

@dark : 955 is better right with unlocked multiplier .. i heard it can evn beat 965 aftr OC ...

xcept89 said:

@dark : 955 is better right with unlocked multiplier .. i heard it can evn beat 965 aftr OC ...
i wud advice u to go wid 955BE the rest is on u... to get 965BE performance u have to just increase the CPU multiplier from 16 to 17... ;)

xcept89 said:

Errr....If you are gonna OC then why did you mention No OC in the template :S If OC then yes 955BE is the way to go. No OC then the 945.

Intel Core i3 fits your budget :p But not worth it when you get a PhenomII X4 for just 1k more.

yeah ... only i5 can beat phenom .. i checked out the charts...

shud i wait for 1 more month .. as intel is launching it's sandy bridge processors...

will i get a better processor in dis budget if i wait for 1 moth ??

xcept89 said:
yeah ... only i5 can beat phenom .. i checked out the charts...

shud i wait for 1 more month .. as intel is launching it's sandy bridge processors...

will i get a better processor in dis budget if i wait for 1 moth ??
Intel has already lauched its sandybridge quadcore lineup... from the month of feb it will start launching its dualcore lineup... so IMO its not worth waiting for dualcore processors... coz the sandybridge dualcore which wud cost somewhere around 6 to 6.5k here in india wont b able to out perform AMD Phenom II quadcores... :)

yeah alpha ur right .. i5 beats phenom in everything.. but look at the price tag

i5 about 10K

phenom 6.5K ..

compare with i3 which is in d same price range with phenom and den see..

xcept89 said:
yeah alpha ur right .. i5 beats phenom in everything.. but look at the price tag

i5 about 10K

phenom 6.5K ..

compare with i3 which is in d same price range with phenom and den see..
I'm not denying the fact that it is PHENOMenally better performer than the Core i5 3**/ 6** or 750 on most counts. In fact it is cheaper to set-up an AMD rig too, I know that cause I have a Phenom IIx4 965 Black.

Maya2009 said:
hey I want to know that AMD PHENOM II X4 955BE can BEAT Intel sandybridge 2400..??
I'm just answering Maya2009's question that the Core i7 2400 can make a breakfast of any AMD Phenom IIx4 processor on all counts except the Thuban Hexa-cores which put AMD on a better platform for multi-threaded tasks.

Deltapage increased ram prices. Transcend is 1300 now(was 1100 yesterday and 1275 this morning). Corsair is 1375. Prices for 2gb DDR3-1333. Have the prices increased in lamington road as well?

reddy8155 said:
Deltapage increased ram prices. Transcend is 1300 now(was 1100 yesterday and 1275 this morning). Corsair is 1375. Prices for 2gb DDR3-1333. Have the prices increased in lamington road as well?
Guess prices are increasing a bit after record lows. DRAM market is very volatile. 2GB DDR3 prices crashed from 2.5k to 1k in about 100 days. A reverse could happen(I am not saying it will but similar increase also could happen

Ram prices have increased slightly everywhere, i bought 2x2gb corsair ddr3 1333mhz today in delhi for 2300 , was selling for 2k 2 days back.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Price of i3 540 is also increasing

Back