Budget 21-30k CPU/Mobo/RAM/HDD/PSU/Cabinet for Gaming

Ok so turns out the GPU was kaput. Tried it with an old GPU and works fine. Also the new GPU didnt work on a second PC. So thats that.

But.....

The CPU fan on the new rig is super noisy. I am checking with CPU fan and its going about 5000RPM on average. The CPU temp goes between 40 and 50 depending on idling or minimum usage.

Is that normal?

I dunno. I had the SMC guy put it together. I think he used whatever was on hand.

Whats bizarre is the fan is going apeshit even when CPU temp is pretty low. Its currently 40 and I am copying some stuff.

Edit OK yeah. This is going to be a problem. Under load (just playing a normal game of BF3) the fan speed was at 6000RPM and the CPU temp went up to 80C.

Last edited:
I did. I can put it on quiet settings from the ASUS utility and it goes to 4k RPM but then the CPU temp on idle goes up to 50. So dont wanna do that. I will just avoid using the PC much till I have had a chance to put some thermal paste. Although the SMC guy did put thermal paste there.

So I wonder if it could be something else.

Attachments

• New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:
@cellar_door Dude change the thermal paste on the CPU ASAP! That too high an RPM and i dont trust the guys who assemble the PC. A guy had once told me he used toothpaste as thermal paste! Also for the 8320 do invest in an aftermarket cooler as AMD stock coolers are pretty noisy!

Also did you RMA your gpu?

^^ A slight update FWIW.

Yeah had the GPU RMA'd. It was a Zotac and apparently they dont do repairs so once they knew it was borked they had to have it replaced. That took like 10 days. So the entire GPU replacement took exactly 2 weeks.

All in all though, its not bad service. WAY better than what I got from MSI for my old GPU. When I gave that for repairs, the ****ers kept it for a week and gave it back saying it had no faults. I personally took it to their repair center and had the guy plug in the GPU in front of me and literally within 1 second of booting into windows the problem was clear to see. They did the same thing again with my second GPU. Those guys dont even bother testing.

Anyway, thats another rant for another thread. :p

As far as the CPU situation is concerned I put in a Cabinet fan (120 mm Corsair) which is now right behind the CPU. Its made a noticeable difference. Previously idle fan speed was 4k with temp @ 45 and load fan speed was 6k with temp @ 80+. After putting in the cabinet fan the idle fan speed is now usually 3.5k with temps between 35 and 45 and load fan is at 5k with temps @ 65. So the temps are almost ok but the fan is noisy as all hell. If it hits 5k it sounds like a goddamn mixer.

So yeah, I do agree with shanx, I think this will need an after market cooler regardless. Even if not for the CPU tempt then at least for my ears. I am thinking of getting the Coolermaster Hyper TX3. But before that I wanna put in a second cabinet fan above the CPU where I have the free space. I think thats a decent investment at 600 Rs. Even if it doesnt make a difference to the CPU I can always move that fan next to my GPU for better airflow.

EDIT Does anyone have any experience installing that CoolerMaster Hyper TX3? I have NEVER installed any CPU or fans in my life. I am kinda worried to do it on my own. :(

Last edited:
Back