CPU/Mobo CPU+Mobo+RAM upgrade for ~20K

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
What is your budget?
  • 2ok

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  • CPU - Intel Quad core E8300
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte EP45 U3DLR
  • GPU - Saphire ATI 5850
  • RAM - DDR3 4GB RAM 667MHz
  • Monitor - Samsung P2350 23.5" monitor
  • SMPS - Corsair VX450
  • HDD - 500GB Seagat

Q: What all components you want to retain from the current setup (component name - component brand and model)

• GPU - Saphire ATI 5850 (for now)
  • Monitor - Samsung P2350 23.5" monitor
  • SMPS - Corsair VX450 (for now)
  • HDD - 500GB Seagate

Q: Future upgrades/plans
  • GPU and SMPS
  • HDD - Might add another 1TB and make the current 500 as a backup disk

Please suggest me a good CPU+Mobo+RAM setup for a 20K range. Currently i wish to retain the 5850 until I see it aging off. I am not more into overclocking (ofcourse my PSU is not enough for any overcloacking) but am open to options if it is required in the future.

I will also be upgrading my 5850 or put it on SLI (which ever serves right) depending on the aging factor and the economical balance. I am also open to suggestions on my future way on my GPU+SMPS.

Forgot to add that i am currently having a HAF 922 half tower and would be retaining the same.

CPU-Intel i5 2320-10k OR Intel i5 2400-11.5k

Mobo-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k

Ram-Corsair XMS3 2X4gb-3.3k if u r into overclocking then i suggest u 2 buy i5 k series but then u hv to increase ur budget,but this config will serve u well and u will be not able to oc this but it's performance is on par

I am not looking for a on-board graphics mobo's as I already own a 5850 and will upgrade in future. Please suggest me mobo's considering gaming as the primary requirement.

#rakesh_ic are you looking to over-clock OR not, also if you can wait the upcoming Intel Ivy-Bridge processors will make a much better upgrade over your existing RIG --

Else, here is the configurations I'll recommend --

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9700/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-

Corsair XMS3 4GB x 2 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 1600MHz module(s) ~3400/-

Seasonic S12II 620W ~4400/-

An over-clockable RIG will not be possible in your budget. If you can extend your budget this is what I'll recommend --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~12500/-

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO ~10500/-

[rest configuration same as above RIG]

Hope this helps, Cheers

Well considering op ain't ocing and wants mobo with gaming purpose -

CPU-Intel i5 2320-10k or Intel i5 2400-11.5k

Mobo-Asus P8P67-M-9.5k

Rest as above.

Well op just mentione above he doesn't want mobo with igp hence p67
<
^^ #Jakob what will OP do with a P67 based motherboard [if he won't over-clock]?

Hi guys,

Thanks for ur care and replies so far..

I am open to overclocking the cpu in the future. The idea is to build a rig that can last for a longer gaming period. I would like to start off with cpu+mobo+ram upgrade and am planning to upgrade the psu+gpu in future.

The 2500K+Z68+2x4GBRAM = ~25K which i think i am ok with. The budjet mentioned (~20K) is only for the mobo combo and not the GPU+PSU for now.

Will my current PSU be suffice if i only upgrade the mobo combo to i5 2500K and not the GPU??

Is there any other options available?? Anything on AMD build that can stay for sometime??

And what will be a preffered change in my GPU setup as an upgrade option - Crossfire 5850 or upgrade it to a new GPU+PSU??

VX450 will handle HD5850+i5 2500k+z68 without ocing anything,Intel i5 lineup has no competition from amd so intel rig is suggested.Next upgrade to you will be AMD HD7XXX series OR Nvidia Gtx6XX series with 600W psu.

wat is the catch with ivy bridge?? should i wait for the release?? i have read that ivy bridge is a boosted up sandy bridge on a 22nm chip. is it worth to wait for the release?? will we have a equivalent of 2500K in ivy bridge series which will stick around the cozt of ~13K?? or is it smart to wait for ivy and see if sandy goes down in terms of prices and grab a deal??

wat is the catch with ivy bridge?? should i wait for the release?? i have read that ivy bridge is a boosted up sandy bridge on a 22nm chip. is it worth to wait for the release?? will we have a equivalent of 2500K in ivy bridge series which will stick around the cozt of ~13K?? or is it smart to wait for ivy and see if sandy goes down in terms of prices and grab a deal??

Sandy Bridge prices will surely fall once Ivy bridge hits the market.

If you want to play the waiting game for Ivy bridge to be released then it's up to you, cause when is released its price is going go be a bit high so you will have to wait again for it to stabilize.

Lastly it depends on how urgently you require your PC.

Hope it helps.
<

The more u research, the more u learn.. the more u learn, the more u get confused.. thats wat i am now
<

I was looking for a good upgrade and ended up choosing i5 2500K with a P67 board..

But for my requirement of gaming the high end games for another 2 yrs, do i need an overcloackable processor and do i need to invest more than that for a 560 TI or 6950/6870 (16K for GC)??

I will stick onto my curent 24" monitor though..

please help me out of this confusion..
<

#rakesh_ic wait for AMD to come out with the HD 78** series cards c. Mid-March, these cards will be expensive, but will run cooler, will come with GCN [Graphic Core Next -- http://www.anandtech.com/show/4455/amds-graphics-core-next-preview-amd-architects-for-compute / http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benchmark-tahiti-gcn,3104-2.html] architecture and will last you an easy two years.

They will also drive down prices of current generation cards, so win-win for you [you can get a top of the line HD 78** card OR a cheaper yet similar performing HD 69** series card].

Hope this explains, Cheers!!

#rakesh_ic wait for AMD to come out with the HD 78** series cards c. Mid-March, these cards will be expensive, but will run cooler, will come with GCN [Graphic Core Next -- http://www.anandtech...cts-for-compute / http://www.tomshardw...gcn,3104-2.html] architecture and will last you an easy two years.

They will also drive down prices of current generation cards, so win-win for you [you can get a top of the line HD 78** card OR a cheaper yet similar performing HD 69** series card].

Hope this explains, Cheers!!

how about the processor?? i am back to square one.. not sure of whether to go for the i5 2500K or any other quad core.To use i5 2500K in the right way, i will have to shell out 10K for a z68 or p67 + 2400 for cpu cooler. Now the question is, do i need to up my clock speed to play games for another 2 yrs uncompromised or can i go for a cpu that is locked and save some money for my gpu instead??

The more u research, the more u learn.. the more u learn, the more u get confused.. thats wat i am now

<

Have been there once long back buddy but won't get there again.
<

Alpha has rightly told you to wait for AMD's next series . So wait it out if your requirement us not urgent.

Do keep in mind the Ivy has been delayed a bit further so stick with Sandy if you don't want to get confused further, she'll be enough for you.
<
<

how about the processor?? i am back to square one.. not sure of whether to go for the i5 2500K or any other quad core.To use i5 2500K in the right way, i will have to shell out 10K for a z68 or p67 + 2400 for cpu cooler. Now the question is, do i need to up my clock speed to play games for another 2 yrs uncompromised or can i go for a cpu that is locked and save some money for my gpu instead??

Dude have you factored in the cost of the a cpu cooler in your requirements if you are going to overclock ?

You'll have to stretch your budget if you want to get an overclockable rig. Are you fine with it ?

Dude have you factored in the cost of the a cpu cooler in your requirements if you are going to overclock ?

You'll have to stretch your budget if you want to get an overclockable rig. Are you fine with it ?

yes i have considered the cpu cooler and i have mentioned it in my post..

I am willing to wait and wanna decide on a cpu build for now as we still have enough time for 78xx series to be avaialbe in the local markets (say mid april).

i know the extra cost associated with i5 2500K as a choice and so am revisiting my need of overcloackability on a whole.. coz if overcloacking is a cpu enthusiasts pass time, then i am out of it. but if that benefits me in playing maxed out games for another 2 yrs, i will have to push myself for the extra money.

now thats where i need a help..

Go for a locked processor, games will run fine for the next two years, get the Core i5 2500 ~12500/-. I'll recommend you get the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 just to take care of load temperatures [the stock Intel HSF is as good as squat].

Roll back to Intel DH-67BL ~5800/- OR this one --> BioSTAR TZ68K+ http://www.flipkart.com/biostar-tz68k-motherboard/p/itmd4jvzj379bsnj?pid=MBDD4JVZAQTKPZHM&_l=s+YD8DR_ocqjZ_fnsAlfZg--&_r=4i2sGH4JnPfN3hq4fLvWpw--&ref=a2d23e86-9db5-4ac8-b6be-df305a868402.

With the BioSTAR motherboard you can go for a Core i5 2500k ~13500/-.

Else, even a locked processor and a AMD HD 78** series card will be a pretty future proof set-up. Hope this helped, Cheers!!

Hi guys,

Thanks to Alpha, Jakob and all others who have posted thier comments and helped me choose a rig.. I started off with my purchase plan ( cant buy all at a go. so planned to purchase in burst - a "burst purchase"??
<
<
)

I bought a Corsair TX650 and the vengeance 2x4GB kit for now.. will be buying an i5 2500 (non K version) with a good H67 board. will keep u updated and once i have the complete build, i dont mind a show off too
<

Back