Budget 0-20k Cpu, mobo, ram upgrade.

If you're going for an FX6300 + cooler, then I'd suggest getting an 8320 instead.
If you're not getting an aftermarket cooler, then get the 6300.
Keep in mind that Piledrivers are probably the end of the road for the AM3+ socket, so this'll probably be the only CPU you use with that board.

I thought piledrivers will be there till Q1 of 2015 at least. If this is really the end of am3+ now, then it does make sense to get the 8320.
Harshil, that 2GB ram is too expensive :eek:
Timings are very nice though.

Piledrivers are going to be there for a long time, but there probably isn't going to be a Steamroller or Excavator for AM3+.

My thinkings quite the opposite of yours, I'd get the 8320 and get the max possible mileage out of the setup.

if you're okay with slower encoding speed then you can opt for FX 6300 :D anyway, have a look at Intel Quick Sync tech. As for good 1600 Mhz ram modules try these :

Kingston HyperX Bly / Corsair VS 1600 Mhz / XMS 1600 Mhz or my personal favorite Corsair VS 1333 Mhz C9 which can easily run at 1600 Mhz speed.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Have been following this thread lately as my requirement was as exact as OP's and planning to buy FX 8320.
Can someone suggest a good motherboard with on-board graphics.
Don get time to play, hence won't be going for a graphic card very soon.
This one looks good https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/
@6pack Let me know the RAM you have finalized;

Suggestions for a decent cabinet under 3k also welcome

I bought the ram I linked to a few posts above. Crucial ballistic sport 4Gb x2 kit. Seller warranty of three years on it since Crucial does not have warranty center in India.

^^ Congrats.

@Arv90 - if you want a good motherboard for FX 8320 get at-least an Asus M5A97 R2.0 / Evo and a cheap under 2k discrete gpu / old gpu around 1k. For the cabinet get NZXT Gamma / Beta Evo or Source 210 if you can find one under 3k. TYhere's also some good cabinets from Bitfenix, Antec and Cm as well if possible do check them out as well.

@Arv90, get the FX 8320 from flipkart if the third party sellers ship to your pin code. I saw one seller selling the 8320 for 9.8k there. Lowest online price i saw till now, I think.

@topgear : Thanks for the suggestion. Was hesitating to buy a graphic card due to work and no time to play.
Purpose of my config would be setting up mutiple VM's. Current AMD Athlon X2 setup can stand only 3 VM's
Will get a cheap GPU anyways. Suggestions welcome again.

Inclined to NZXT Beta Evo. Will check others too

@6pack Have been checking Flipkart for prices for quite sometime.I stay in Mumbai.
WIll be going lamington on Saturday.

nice decision .. you can't expect to play games [ resource hungry ones ] with a ~2k gpu anyway but make sure you get a quality motherboard for that cpu which it deserves.

Finished buying everything I wanted. Thanks everyone who helped.:D

CPU - Fx 8320 (@9800)
Mobo- Gigabyte 970a Ds3p (@5687)
DDR3 1600 ram - crucial 2x 4GB (@4525)
Cooler master thermal paste vc1 (@250)
Total - 20262 including shipping. :D

Back