CPU/Mobo cpu + mobo suggestions: 14k

aasheet

Disciple
i own an amd 555 be and a jetway HA-07 ultra and 4gb ocz gold rams [800mhz]
was thinking of selling this rig and getting a new combo

till now i have decided for a corsair 1333mhz ram 4gb single stick for 2k
Core i5 2400 - 9.3k
MSI H67MA-E35 - 4.6k

now this will be an awsome upgrade but my main question is , should i buy a sandy bridge combo or should i wait for the bulldozer cpu to release ?

thoughts ?

i have around 14k to spend on cpu+mobo

also , any chances of price drops on intel proccy and mobos ?? :p

Re: cpu + mobo suggestions

Go ahead and buy a sandybridge combo coz i dont think that bulldozer processors would perform better than Intel Sandybridge CPUs except in multithreaded apps where BD processors might perform better...

AMD's Strategy = 8 Core 8130P vs 4 Core (with HT) i7 2600k

= 6 Core 6xxx Vs. i5 2500k

So its pretty obvious that processors with more cores would perform better in multithreaded apps...

And i dont think you would be able to build a BD based rig until september or october

So go ahead and buy i5 2500 + MSI H67MA-E35

would the 1600mhz rams make a significant difference ?

is so how are the corsair vengeance 1600mhz 4gb single stick rams ?... cost around 2.4k , or should i buy something else ?

Re: cpu + mobo suggestions

Hades. said:
Go ahead and buy a sandybridge combo coz i dont think that bulldozer processors would perform better than Intel Sandybridge CPUs except in multithreaded apps where BD processors might perform better...

AMD's Strategy = 8 Core 8130P vs 4 Core (with HT) i7 2600k

= 6 Core 6xxx Vs. i5 2500k

So its pretty obvious that processors with more cores would perform better in multithreaded apps...

And i dont think you would be able to build a BD based rig until september or october

So go ahead and buy i5 2500 + MSI H67MA-E35
You surely haven't heard about their module thing right??

Check my post in the Bulldozer thread and then break every program down to assembly instructions and then imagine the Zambezi processing it you will be surprised ;)

You surely haven't heard about their module thing right??

Just check that who has created that thread... :lol:

would the 1600mhz rams make a significant difference ?

is so how are the corsair vengeance 1600mhz 4gb single stick rams ?... cost around 2.4k , or should i buy something else ?

Not much... And Corsair Vengeance Rams are pretty good but comes with high profile heat spreaders which can interfere if someone installs an aftermarket CPU cooler... And i dont think that you are going to add an aftermarket cooler as you are not gonna overclock the rig that you are building so you can go ahead and buy Vengeance Rams... But i would advice you to buy RAMs which comes with small heatspreaders like G.Skill Ripjaws or Ripjaws X...

^^ first thing Hades started the AMD BullDozer thread, second thing the first leaked reports and benchmarks show the performance curve of the AMD 8-core (4 module) processor performing just as good a Core i7 2600k on single thread applications, in multi-thread application the performance jumps up ~ 20% + I suspect AMD Zambezi will come out expensive octo-core ~ 320$ in the US market, go figure that in Indians rupees on release + 990X / 970G chipsets will not be cheap either.

And like in India's case they'll come in force not before mid-August early-September so it will really test OP's patience and may not be worth the wait.

First AMD Bulldozer CPUs Will Have 6 Months Shelf Life - Softpedia
AMD Showcases 8-Core Bulldozer CPU at the E3 Expo - Softpedia
Leaked Bulldozer benchmarks may give glimpse of AMD's future

I can post atleast 10 leaked reports having different conclusions,so no I do not trust the leaked reports.

Then I have also heard a report that an engineering model of the Zambezi with the unfinalized stepping beating the core i7 2600k so yes I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING FROM TECHSPOT TECHPOWER XBIT LABS ETC ETC

I have even seen one where it was overclocked to 6GHz.These reports are all fakes.

And creating the thread means posting the first post and keeping the thread name, so it does not make you the owner of all the info on the thread,so when I said read the post so how does it imply that when you created the thread it mean that you have always read the last post on the thread????/ confused

I have seen so many threads related to bulldozer,on the 14 forums I am on,I have lost trust on everything released by any other computer benchmarking site, so only believe official info from AMD.

Anyways do not come to your own conclusion now,it may or may not perform better than the core i7 2600k,but we cannot conclude that just now by seeing rumours and its architecture model(which need a new stepping every month).

And it might so happen the after the Zambezi is released they might need to revise the stepping like they did with the Phenom I .

And creating the thread means posting the first post and keeping the thread name, so it does not make you the owner of all the info on the thread,so when I said read the post so how does it imply that when you created the thread it mean that you have always read the last post on the thread????/ confused

I think you took offence... When i told you that "Just check that who has created that thread"... i meant that i already know the two core per module thing... And yes i am not the owner of that thread it belongs to all the fellow TE members... And as far as the benchmarks are concerned then yes you can trust them because they have been leaked by very well known sources... Nordichardware.se, Donanimhaber etc etc... And the previously leaked benchmarks were of BD engineering sample which had b1 stepping... AMD officials have confirmed that their current stepping bulldozers are no match for Intel Sandybridge processors thats why they are revising the design of BD architecture and they would launch the new B2 stepping processors in the month of September or october...

^^ AMD Reintroduces FX Brand for High-End CPUs and Platforms - Softpedia

AMD's Zambezi FX-series processors were supposed to launch this June, but AMD seems to be having issues with the clock speeds achieved, as the chips are too slow to compete with Intel's offerings at this point.

In order to resolve these problems, reports suggest that the Sunnyvale-based company plans to build a new revision of the CPU that is going to carry the B2 stepping.

Softpedia is not trustworthy, in my opinion

we had a discussion about the same on another computer forum.

Anyways I won't argue more since our argument is pointeless and has no foundation since we both believe in different things,but I would say nice to see a good guy on the forum,other have been really rude to me and that is why my replies haven't been so polite/humble as they generally are.

Back