CPU/Mobo CPU+Motherboard+RAM+Cabinet upgrade

razormax

Recruit
Hello guys, I need your advice on upgrading my system please
  • What is your budget?
  • What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
      • Processor - Intel Core2Quad 6600
      • Motherboard - GA-G41M-Combo
      • GPU - MSI Radeon 6970 2GB Twin Frozr III
      • RAM - Transend 2x2GB
      • Monitor - LG Flatron W2252TQ 1680x1050
      • PSU - Corsair TX650 V2
      • HDD - Seagate 2 x 1 TB, + WD 1 x 1 TB
      • UPS - APC 600VA
      • Cabinet - iBall
      2i1gh89.jpg

• Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • Everything Except Motherboard, Processor, RAM and Cabinet
  • Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • Processor - Intel i7 3770/4770
  • Motherboard - ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155 Intel B75 for i7 3770
  • RAM -Corsair 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600
  • Cabinet - Corsair Carbide Series Spec-02
  • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not looking to upgrade for the next 2-3 years possibly.
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    Preferably Local dealer(Pune) but open to online dealers as well. Depends on the price and shipping cost.
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    No
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    The system will be used for professional game development and following softwares will be used
- 3DS MAX 2013
- Photoshop CS6
- Unity 3D 4.3.f2
- Unreal Development Kit and Unreal Engine 4
- Visual Studio 2010
- Cry Engine
Besides the above the system will be used to play all types of games (High end as well as low end)

• Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    Motherboard - Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI. No particular reason besides them having good service.
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    ALL
  • Are you looking to overclock?
    No
  • Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    Windows 7 64 bit, Steam OS (in future)
  • Reason to Upgrade
From the spec above you guys must have guessed the obvious reason :). Currently it has become impossible to work in 3D Studio MAX/Photoshop while working in Unity/UE4 alongside. I need a very good multitasking system now.
Also, is it better to upgrade the cabinet as well or the existing would be enough?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I was considering going for an overclocking config but decided in the end not to. It was going over budget for me. For now I won't be overclocking.

If you do not plan to OC, then Gigabyte, Asus and Asrock are good choices. My personal experience with MSI keeps me 10 yards away from their boards.
For the proccy, Haswell won't disapoint you. All the best with your setup !

I have ordered the config mentioned above with 3770 since i read on many websites that haswell heats up a lot and there is not much perfomance diff between a 4770 and a 3770.

Back