CPU/Mobo CPU n MoBo for server (Intel)

Maxguru

Disciple
hi all.

me planning a server for rendering 3d. right now me planing for a conroe 6600 with a regualr mobo stable one. not for over clocking but descent.

later i want to remove dual core conroe 6600 and repleace with a quad core in fututre.. so i need sugesstions to which mobo and type of ram should i go for, keeping in mind conroe 6600 now and later quad core one.. even suggest ram. ?
a onboard vga mobo much prefered

Hi

Are you looking to colocate this server ? Would you like to rent a C2D E6600 in France with 100mbps unmetered bandwidth for as low as $ 249/mo ? Let me know if your interested in having the full details.

^^SGI is nearly dead :p. Buying any SGI system now is shooting in the foot. Also now they sell commodity off the shelf hardware anyway. They stopped their own like of cpus long back.

^^ I am not talking of power supply.. all that i have and know. . . i am saying right now i need a mobo for conroe 6600 and later i want to put a quad core in that... so the mobo should support bouth conroe 6600 and a quad core later.... may be throufg bios ... does intel DG965RY support conroe and keintsfield.

Back