CPU/Mobo CPU startup problem - RAM undetected

I have DFI LP NF4 Series Mobo, AMD Opty165, 2x1 GB RAM sticks Transcend.

I've been hvin this pblm for a while now. I never switch off the comp. I only shut it down due 2 power cut. Basically I need 2 w8 for 20 mins if i shut down the comp to switch it back on again. When i switch off the comp, the MOBO light is on as the SMPS is on but the light near the RAM slots is not on. I have to switch off the SMPS and 28 for 20 mins and again try switching on off on off the SMPS couple of times until the light near the RAM switches on again.

Of late, the 20 minutes time interval came up to 2 days :mad:. Kept switching off and on and off and on..... the SMPS, no luck. I removed 1 RAM Stick and placed the other one at the topmost RAM slot. Now the light near the RAM comes on in 2-3 tries itself. I tried removing the lithium cell, no luck there also. I tried it with the other RAM stick, no luck, tried both again, no luck, it works only with one (sometimes 4-5 tries - SMPS switch thingy).

Any ideas? I've run out of mine :( :huh:

Is tat a problem with the SMPS???

Replaced d CMOS battery???

A possibility tat the SMPS too old n must've conked off... How old's the SMPS??

RAM problem is ruled out since u'd tried it with another stick..

I have 2 RAM Sticks, only one of them works, AFAIK. The working piece doesn't work in other RAM slots again AFAIK. I'm on my comp now, wit one RAM stick and the SMPS is nearly 2 yrs old. D CMOS battery, i don think datz de pblm. ne way, i'll try replacing that.. able to think of anything else?

am sure it has something to do with the opty memory controller and uccc, wait till i get my 3000+ venice, we'll figure out whats the issue. Freaky is also having some issues with the similar setup as urs :p, lets see...

Back