CPU/Mobo CPU temp is insanely high Urgent HELP Required

My CORE 2 Duo E 6750 is running at - 30 degree (-26 F),before it was running at +40

What i did was removed the old thermal paste applied in the CPU and the Stock heatsink,now i connected the heatsink to the cpu w/0 any thermal paste.

What should be the problem?Urgent help required:(:(:(

Also the CPU fell down when i was trying to remove it should it be the problem ???

Are you saying your CPU is running at minus thirty degrees ?

In any case please do not run your CPU without any thermal paste.

hmm looks like a world record in bringing down cpu temps at room temps. :D

anyway you did the most stupid thing in history. there's a reason the thermal paste is present between the cpu and heatsink. you shouldn't have removed it if you didn't know what it did. now dont switch on your comp till you apply thermal paste on the heatsink like Bottle said. else you wont have any working cpu :p

What i did was removed the old thermal paste applied in the CPU and the Stock heatsink

Did you apply Thermal paste both on the processor and the Heat sink at the same time?

Apply it on the processor only and leave the heat sink clean,the thermal paste will spread on it's own.

And about the readings, if it's -30 * C and the PC is stable and working fine then it's probably a wrong reading. Did a check on the BIOS temp?

And BTW , why was the topic named "insanely high"

flamesofdeath27 said:
yes it is running at - 30 degree.Iam not using any air conditioning in the room

What should be the problem

that's awesome man :hap2: now you don't have to use LN2 for achieving higher stable overclocks :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back