CPU/Mobo CPU temperatures

aslugani

Disciple
Hello.. Guys my CPU temperature rises to about 90 degrees celcius in just a few minutes after a start my computer. I have a well ventilated box with 2 Fans sucking out air from the cabinet from behind and sides, and 1 fan sucking in air from the front, and a also a fan on the HDD wich keeps it cool..

I use SensorsView Pro to find out the temperature of the components. I seriously think that the software shows fake readings. But i tried other softwares but they could find the temperature of the CPU.

first of all check if the cpu fan is working at its max rpm or not

even i had the same problem when i found my cpu fan was gone mad and used to spin at ant 800 rpm instead of abt 4000

also if u had done anything to that cpu fan like taking it out then just check if u have placed it in such a way that it blows air onto the HS

aslugani said:
Hello.. Guys my CPU temperature rises to about 90 degrees celcius in just a few minutes after a start my computer. I have a well ventilated box with 2 Fans sucking out air from the cabinet from behind and sides, and 1 fan sucking in air from the front, and a also a fan on the HDD wich keeps it cool..

I use SensorsView Pro to find out the temperature of the components. I seriously think that the software shows fake readings. But i tried other softwares but they could find the temperature of the CPU.

Which CPU you use? use speed fan to detect temps and then tell us.

You CPU fan may not placed right or may be you have not put thermal paste on CPU chip. so please check

Its an Intel Prescott 3Ghz solo core CPU

The fan speed is : 2446 - 2460 RPM

the temperature the SpeedFan shows is 67-68 C

What is thermal paste?? Where do i get it from ??

I remember scratching off a sticky substance from under the CPU fan (the part which touches the chip). Was that the thermal paste??

Is 67c-68c temperature ok ??

aslugani said:

I remember scratching off a sticky substance from under the CPU fan (the part which touches the chip). Was that the thermal paste??

Temps are a little higher but not much. IMO for Prescott 50-55 should be ok. yes i think you have removed the thermal paste by scrapping that 'sticky substance'. But let other members confirm it coz I am not so sure.

aslugani said:

that explains it all

u are not supposed to remove the thremal paste

now get some thermal paste from market and apply it properly and then see the difference

ok i have just ordered the thermal paste (non conductive) @ 3 grams for Rs.200.

When it arrives @ 2-3 days. Ill ask for your helpz for applying it as I am a noob in it!!

Thanks

Back