CPU/Mobo CPU Upgrade Help in MSi MoBo

SOM1

Disciple
Hello Everyone,

• I have a MSi RS480M2 (7093) motherboard (Details Here), with a AMD Athlon 3000+ processor on it.
  • I would like go for a CPU upgrade. Please suggest some compatible CPU for this particular motherboard with pricing details if possible.
  • My PC used to make some considerable noise because of the fan, will changing the proc and the Fan solve the issue ?? Though i plan to install one more Fan in the cabinet.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
som

You might have seen this list on the MSI site
MSI Global
try to get anyone of this new or from member market. Any of this will cost you at most 2500 not more than that per current market status

yeah !! Vivaciuos i had seen the compatibility list but was a bit apprehensive as i was really surprised that my MoBo can support Opteron or a Dual Core !!

Anyway having been validated is great !!!

Would you kindly reply to my third point ...

Thanks for the replying :)

regards,

som

Have you checked properly that it is the Proccy fan which is creating noise & not PSU or any other fan.
If it is indeed proccy , the immediate remedy is to clean the fan & HSF properly , the noise will be reduced significantly.

adding one more fan is welcome, 120 mm case fans do not create any noticable noise, I have six fans in my case but I don't hear any noticable noise from any of them.

Dear Vivaciuos of all the CPUs in the list which one is the best one can buy within a budget of say

2k- 3k ... which one would you suggest ??

Thanks a lot for replying ...

regards,

som

Any specific reason for upgrading your proccy as I can see the new combo is available for around 5K.
So, IMHO better to use the existing one for sometime or buy a new combo instead.

Back