Crap Airtel Live!!!

This is the second time, I am getting a msg like "Thanks for using Airtel Live blah blah.." and then 30rs gone!!! simply deducted from my prepaid balance!! :eek: This happened on friday morning

i called up the cust care immediately, they said they would be registering a complaint and would take care etc within 24 hours. today morning, I got another msg saying that money has been reduced appropriately for using airtel live!! :eek: I am not able to call 121 also (mayb cos i m in roaming, i dono why).

Then another funny thing happened. I got a msg from 567 asking me to give them feedback (yes/no), whether I am satisfied with their action on my complaint. I immediately tried sending BIG NO to 567 but it shows"sending failed; retry??" :(

crap crap crap!!!!! :'(

Not just Airtel, I have problem with hutch also.
Customer care is no use with all the mobile service prviders in India.
Customer care guys are stupids, they wont even take the complaint, they will simply tell that, sir we are not authorised to do that sir.
I am also fighting with the Hutch guys for the past one week regarding an issue, but no use. Now I have decided to issue a legal notice to those stupids.

bluediamond you might have been subscribed automatically to some stupid service of airtel, like yahoo etc.

In roaming you cannot call the customer care :( and as for the feedback it does not work 99% of the time. I had once given a feedback to the CC saying that there is some problem with your system and I am not able to send the feedback for which they said there i some problem with your handset, our systems are always fine. I just cut the call...these ppl dont even deserve a feedback.

^^ Before for some service we would be asked whether we wanted to be subscribed to which we wouldn't reply... but now what they do is, automatically subscribe you and then send a message that we are subscribed and we need to reply if we dont want that service... most of us would just delete the messages that we receive without reading it... stupid airtel...

Well, i have a postpaid Airtel connection..one fine day, i get a similar airtel live message saying tht settings have been delivered to the handset.. i was suspicious as i hadnt asked for it..i call up cust care n tell them tht i dont want to use it..they say, its free of charge if i do not dnload anything or use any service..plain browsing thru it is free..so just out of curiosity i go thru the crappy little page..everything seems fine..only after one month i get to see the little demon laughing at me on the face of my bill...i get an extra charge of rs. 150 for using some services which i know i didnt.. i call up the cust care again n they dont have any thing else to say apart from the famous one liner.." your complaint has been forwarded to senior officials and the matter will be resolved in 48 hrs. "...its been almost 5 days now..n i'm still waiting.. :no:

I'm just waiting for vodafone to come here..then will give airtel a big kick in the a$&...

Hmm...well this is probably the problem with these private providers. They seem to be deteriorating in their service quality off late.
Well thing is they probably wanna earn some $$$ before they actually have to lower the rates further and all.

I have heard of similar incidents in Relliance wherein the Roaming charge and the whole Plan a person was on was changed without notifying him at all.

MTNL on the other hand, maynot have great coverage, but well its consistant. Atleast there are lesser discrepancies in the bills and the deduction of amt isnt just on the basis of an SMS. Yep, they may take longer than others do to activate a service or disable it. But as long as the bill is under control, some minor drawbacks can be ignored.

The AirTel Live message problem seems to be plauging everybody. It basically has to do with their WAP gateway. They have been having massive system errors and as such the system has been randomly charging customers for LIVE! services they haven't used. I've been having the same problem since Oct 2006. There were months where I have been billed in excess of 7k where the LIVE! services amouth to as much as 4k. Fortunately, though it has been a royal pain, AirTel CC has responded every month, though not very promptly and painlessly, by crediting my account with any misc charges for unused services.

The numbers that I recieve these messages from are 64611010 and 64611015. The last 2 digits determine the cost of the service. Rs 10 for the former and Rs. 15 for the latter. There have been times where I have recieved messages from these numbers once in 30 secs continuously for 30 mins to 45 mins.

Call and shout... that's the only way you will get a bonafide response. Don't allow them to arrange for call backs. Irrespective of how long it takes, you must be patient and demand to talk only to a senior official.

The setting up of a telecom ombudsman should improve things. A mere mention of the banking ombudsman apparently puts the fear of God in those credit card companies.

Though the fact that unlike in banking the telecom ombudsman is an industry initiative and doesnt have someone as strict as RBI watching over it could work against it.

Hi guys,
I would like to give a general information here, if you guys have any problem which can not be solved by the customer care stupids, you can call a so called officer "Nodal Officer". You can get the number from customer care stupids. This officer is appointed to solve the issues, appointed as per the government order, he should be responsible person.

for airtel just send a message on 121 with the text "call me" and they will call u within 24hrs and they are calling from the regional head office, i hope they can help u lot faster than these cc guys.

Back