Creating Contact US Page or similar

iyengar

Adept
Hey y'all,

Need help.. The thing is I am newbie to this website php scripts, I am creating this web page and their is this page called quick quote. The front end ofcourse is html, Using javascript for validating the user inputs and this php page is not exactly sending me the user data..I am using .js for validating and sending back data

I need help with this page. Can any one help me please

with love

eBro

ScreenShot

[attachment=9269:15925.attach]

Attachments

• contact.JPG
    contact.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 136
How are you sending the data...through email or you are storing the responses in database?

If you are using email then make sure that your server is configured for mail() function in php

Refer this PHP Mail Functions

If you are storing responses in database then make sure you are able to connect the database and able to insert in tables.

I can't download this file in office...I will look in to this when I reach home...sorry for late reply...missed this thread...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I checked the contact.php file and found out that there are no forms in that...I modified the file and added one more php file...you have to modify send_form_email.php file to include your server address.

Here is the updated file air.zip

thanks mate,

Appreciate your efforts, need more advise, I need to use it as <form name="form1" method="post" action="send_form_email.php">

where as in my code it says it as <form method="post" name="send_form_email.php">

please advise. if i am correct

eBRo

iyengar said:
thanks mate,

Appreciate your efforts, need more advise, I need to use it as <form name="form1" method="post" action="send_form_email.php">

where as in my code it says it as <form method="post" name="send_form_email.php">

please advise. if i am correct

eBRo

I am not able to understand you...can you please explain a little bit more...

well i have contact.php, and i use form method to get the user data, validate it using javascript, and when the user clicks send, the data to be sent as test based to my email id, I see you have given me send_form_email.php file, tell me when and where am i suppose to use it?

eBRo

Well you can use it in same way as I have used it in the file provided by me(the one containing the contact us form)...POST the form data to send_from_email.php and you are done...

thanks for the quick advise,

appreciate your time for me, and forgive my ignorance.

your contact.php file does not use send_from_email.php.. or have i received the wrong file. Please advise as which line receives the data from use and submits to send_from_email.php.

Regards

Back