Audio Creative Inspire Speakers 2.1 Volume Control

linux

Disciple
Hi All,

Due to dust or so, the said Volume Control Wheel does not work properly. Volume goes to one speaker, and other gets muted. Vice versa. When I carefully turn the wheel sometimes the Volume works properly or sometimes with noise or muted one side.

Volume comes in the right speaker and Sub-woofer now. When I turn the wheel cracking sound still coming. Anyone knows whether I could get this spare in Hyderabad market or elsewhere?

Thanks

On a side note I'd suggest you one thing. Most of the speakers, at least AFAI have seen, their volume controls get doomed for sure after a certain time. Therefore it is advised to use hardware knob as less as possible and control from PC/PMP/whatever.

I just chopped the wires from 6-pin connector, and joined those wires as per color combination. So the Speakers work with *fully* Volume, only thing to do is to keep the Volume to minimum levels (desired) from the OS level.

But I wish to buy one. I don't know if I could get one in CTC or not. Any lead is great. Thanks again.

You do not get any spares for Creative Sound systems/Speakers. You could try the shops repairing Audio systems/mobiles. They may have cannibalized ones. Or if you still have the old one, they will repair it.

you too can do it by yourself, open up the speaker set, check the know (potentiometer), it will have a resistance value like 470 ohm, 100 ohm etc.
Next just visit a electronic shop and buy a new potentiometer of that value (resistance value).

Finally replace the old one with the new one., de-solder the connecting wires, and solder it to the new one.

Back