Creative Zen Microphoto 8gb not detected- HELP!!

Hotstuff

Skilled
I got my Creative Zen Microphoto 8gb a little over two years ago. It has served me very well during the period without any glitches. However, just a few days back the player started acting up when connected to the computer. It works flawlessly for playing songs even not and even charges up when connected to the USB cord, but I cant view or transfer any music to the player because the Media explorer says that the device is not connected when it is actually connected.

One more thing, everytime I switch on the player it starts rebuilding the library , something it never did previously. I had tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.30.01 once, but it said the player was not connected. But one day the upgrader detected the player and I started the firmware upgrade so as to get rid of the problem. However, the firmware upgrade got stuck near the end and I had no choice but to cancel the process and pull out the player. After that, the screen has stopped displaying the name of the track, and the artist and rather displays " Select Music to PLAY" everytime it plays a track. Also, my 3 doors down discography- all 3 albums-( the artist that was playing when the trouble started) has completely vanished from the library.

And now the firmware upgrade software refuses to detect the connected player saying the the player is not connected.

PS: I have tried myzenchecker but no plugin gets installed other than the google bar, so that tool doesnt .

So guys, please help!!! Temme what to do as I am totally screwed.

Back