Credit Card: StanChart Manhattan Card Feedback?

techie_007

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Got an offer for this Manhattan card from Standard Chartered. Seems to be offering some good features, and no charges (1st yr at least).

Any feedback from anyone who has used one of these before?

I am using it, no complaints yet.

1st year is free but from second year there is an annual fee, dont remember wats the annual fee.

All credit cards are made by the Devil! Never ever trust them! These things go south really soon in case of any dispute or theft. Nowadays most online and in-person shopping/transactions can be done by a debit card.

I have cancelled all of mine. Its always a bad option. Ask anyone who works for a credit card company (especially customer services) and they will tell you on the low down what all goes on.

Here is my story with Manhattan Card. I purchased a ticket worth 95k and i made a part payment of 50k before due date and after some 10 days i cleared the full 95k. In my current months bill i was charged 4.5k as interest. When i asked them how the 4.5k was calculated they informed me that i was charged interest for the full month on 95k after due date thought my total o/s was only 45k. I felt cheated by them. I don't know how other credit cards make their calculation.

^ For part payments, interest on the balance amount is computed from the date of transaction till the date of payment, and this applies to all future transactions too, even in subsequent billing cycles, until the previous outstanding is cleared. I believe Manhattan also has the same rule. Talk to those guys. They can't fleece a customer because they think people are too lazy to read through their T & C

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Apparently, Manhattan charges for the entire outstanding. Here is the detail on their site:

Manhattan

Go to page 4

May be OT but was just going through the Debit card unsafe link and something like this just happened with me. Someone used my SBI debit card to make some online transactions not a big amount around 4k on IRCTC and 1k to recharge a mobile. But the best thing is I never lost my debit card and also I have never shared my password with anyone, moreover the bank say they can't do anything :(

@nilsnaik

Its same for almost all banks.. nothing new.. If you do half payment then they will surely calculate the same.

@ Roxtin

Highly doubt you have keylogger/trojan in your PC... Do check.

@Praks checked not found any on mine. But what you say may be true as I have used my card sometimes on my rel's system.

Bumping this UP so the other Stan chart user should not suffer what I did.

Stan Chart gave me a Super Saver Credit Card and sold some enhancement pack service on it worth 4k now what they did they made it 2 different accounts and sent a consolidated bill which I paid in full well before the due date. In my current month bill what I see they have charged me Late Fee and taxes over the Enhancement pack amount saying that money which I have paid was against the Card a/c and not against the enhancement pack a/c which is so lame :s

One of the worst banking service which I have seen so far.

Go with any card, don't use without urgency & pay your balance in FULL before 10 days of due date, if you miss or neglect this thumb rule than go east or west EVERY CREDIT CARD COMPANY is WORST/Devil.

Good card, good offers in trems of cashback, free movie tickets, discount of grocery purchase..

Alas I need to settle my credit card account because of overdue amount... :(

I am using titanium super value since 3-4 months - good card

first year is free then 750/- annual

5% cash back for telecom/electricity/petrol is what i like best about this

If you spend

petrol - 1000 (cash back 25/-)

telephone/internet - 1000 (cash back - 50/-)

electricity - 500 (cash back 25/-)

so in an year you save min 1200/-

card cost 750/-

so, you save - 450/-

seems good so far .... but if somehow you can get them to wave of the annual charges - it would be awesome!

Back