Audio Cricket ate my IE8's silicon eartips.

Main points

1.Does anyone know where i can get large silicon tips for IE8

2. Beware of Crickets(the insect)

I knew that crickets eat/make hole in cloths now here's a new thing.

Today morning i found a cricket(a bigger than usual) on my bed, i squashed it right away, went to class, came back, in evening i was going to enjoy music on my IE8 and i found the @%#$ing earphone tips damaged and i believe(am sure) that it was that cricket, IT ate it!

Similer thing happend to one of my sony hybrid tips a year ago, similar damages as top eartip in pictures, i thought it was due to my carelessness that i must have accidently rubbed it against some rough surface.

back to today, i went to sleep while listening to music, before going to sleep i removed them and put on my bed along with M2 and JVC marshmellow, but that thing decided to eat the IE8, maybe it knew which once are most expensive and hard to find replacement.

so i am doomed by a CRICKET. :(

Photo1336.jpg

Photo1338.jpg

The nozzle of IE8 is too big for any other IEM's tips, all the other silicon tips are small, medium which are small for my ears, the bi flange eartips are uncomfortable.

anyone know how i can get extra pair of large silicon tips for IE8?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Edited the first post so the question i wanted to ask isn't in the last line.

and bump

This has to be the most WTF thread title on TE yet!

Why no photo/video of the cricket?

zackdbassist said:
Sorry to hear what happened bro....well you can try amazon and may be get it shipped using ICCworld.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Replace...S5HE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1319149398&sr=8-5

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

or better ask someone who owns a IE 6,7 or 8 and is not using the large ear tips, You can trade your medium or small tips if that helps even out the deal.

Yeah thanks for link and suggestion, i have sent pm to pristinenote maybe they can get a pair of extra tips, i found a uk website with sells sennheiser spares but thier cost of 5 pairs of large tips is about 10 pounds.

Why no photo/video of the cricket?

It was dead and out my room 6-7 hours before i checked the IEM.

Write to Sennheiser India, the Madras distributor asked me to do so when I needed tips. Said they'll send them over as they don't sell them in India.

3. Also the worst sport in the world :dc:

I too have noticed some small bite marks on the top of some of my eartips; I wonder if this can cause some infection or something :O

chiron said:
3. Also the worst sport in the world :dc:

I too have noticed some small bite marks on the top of some of my eartips; I wonder if this can cause some infection or something :O

Wash em with water and add a couple of drops of dettol.

Back