Critique plz

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hi guys,

This is a vase that I have lit using Maya and composited in Fusion. Hope u like it. Would like some valuable input from others who are also into animation abt any improvements I can bring abt (those who aren't into animation may suggest as well). Thx :)

Out of curiosity, what and how many lights did you use in maya ? the reflection is too sharp but at the same time its showing no sign of the spheres' image in the relfection even though it is illuminated by the light falling on it !!? Also the textures placed on the drapings on the sides doesn blend properly. its a great start to work on lights but i hope u have some reference or at the least an output which you have in mind. All the best with ur work :)

shadow of main light too sharp,vase looks floating,occlusion is not proper adjust spread and distance.reflection of ball not visible at all even if its so close to such glossy surface,color of base reflected too much in vase texture

Thx, I'll work on it as per the suggestions. I've used just 2 lights in the scene, an area light for the key and a point light for the fill. I'll try and improve on the texture of the drapes as well, as for the vase, well it has no texture on it. For the reflection, I switched on the trace reflection option in mental ray and rendered a pass. I'll see if anything can be done about that too. Thx again guys, appreciated :)

Back