Cross brand compatibility between various components and ARGB/RGB softwares

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Creating this thread for the community to share here if anyone has ever tried (or after reading this thread will try/tried) one brands components on another brands ARGB/RGB control tools to manage the customization of ARGB/RGB lighting on various supported components and peripherals such as Aura sync, MasterPlus, Icue, Razer Synapse/Chroma, RGB Fusion, Mystic light, Polychrome RGB and lots others.

Here is what I tried:
Product: Antec prizm fans
Tested on: Cooler Master Addressable RGB (ARGB) Controller and on CM MasterPlus.
Compatibility: 85%
Pros: All effects work as listed.
Cons: Exact matching CM fan for Antec not found in the list, led color might get stuck in manual configuration until a system reboot.

If we all contribute then together we can build a compatibility list here and anyone struggling or in question for ARGB/RGB can refer here and get some valuable solutions before jumping to invest in some controller.

Product: Crucial Ballistix RGB, Asus Strix RX570 O4G
Software: OpenRGB Windows (Pipeline, 74bef5d2)
Pros: Works with both GPU and RAM seamlessly, from first start.
Cons: Per LED color configuration (on RAM) only has static mode, no flashing effects.

Product:Corsair QF120 fans
Asus ROG B550-F Gaming Wifi
Cooler Master ARGB GPU stand
Corsair K65 RGB Lux Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Elite

Software: SignalRGB(windows 10)

Pros:All these components can be synced as per a single effect.

Cons:My Gigabyte RTX2080 doesn't sync up though as SignalRGB doesn't support GPU lighting control as of now. Each individual device lighting control software e.g. Armory Crate,iCue,Razer Chroma etc. need to be installed.

Creating this thread for the community to share here if anyone has ever tried (or after reading this thread will try/tried) one brands components on another brands ARGB/RGB control tools to manage the customization of ARGB/RGB lighting on various supported components and peripherals such as Aura sync, MasterPlus, Icue, Razer Synapse/Chroma, RGB Fusion, Mystic light, Polychrome RGB and lots others.

Here is what I tried:
Product: Antec prizm fans
Tested on: Cooler Master Addressable RGB (ARGB) Controller and on CM MasterPlus.
Compatibility: 85%
Pros: All effects work as listed.
Cons: Exact matching CM fan for Antec not found in the list, led color might get stuck in manual configuration until a system reboot.

If we all contribute then together we can build a compatibility list here and anyone struggling or in question for ARGB/RGB can refer here and get some valuable solutions before jumping to invest in some controller.
Beware when we are using such Mobo softwares they are eating into RAM and causing performance drops so I suggest to use them with caution.
Nowadays in bios itself we are getting ARGB or RGB controller software options and they are good.

Beware when we are using such Mobo softwares they are eating into RAM and causing performance drops so I suggest to use them with caution.
Nowadays in bios itself we are getting ARGB or RGB controller software options and they are good.
Not really an issue if you got 8 cores or more and 16 GB of RAM.

BIOS level ARGB controllers are pretty limited especially Asus Aura. Asus s**ks a** on the software front.

Ordered a generic 5v 5050 rgb led strip from amazon for xyz purpose. Decided to try with my mobo and cooler master argb controller and surprisingly it worked well with customization etc. 250 bucks not bad for 1 mtr length.

1652362706422.png

Ordered a generic 5v 5050 rgb led strip from amazon for xyz purpose. Decided to try with my mobo and cooler master argb controller and surprisingly it worked well with customization etc. 250 bucks not bad for 1 mtr length.

View attachment 133873
Did it come with it's own controller? I ask because the mobo ARGB connector is 5v but has 3 terminals, the RGB terminal has 4 but is 12v and would have blown the 5v strip.

Did it come with it's own controller? I ask because the mobo ARGB connector is 5v but has 3 terminals, the RGB terminal has 4 but is 12v and would have blown the 5v strip.
I did mentioned its an RGB not ARgb.
Controller is not of use here as its comes with usb and is removable.

Strip is 5v with 4 pin/wires/terminals. First tried with cooler master controller as I was very much confident it will work even directly on mobo but better to try on controller for that 0.5% uncertainty. And it succeeded!
Was able to change colors and patterns via Asus armoury crate tool and also through CM tool.

1652378863558.png

I did mentioned its an RGB not ARgb.
Controller is not of use here as its comes with usb and is removable.

Strip is 5v with 4 pin/wires/terminals. First tried with cooler master controller as I was very much confident it will work even directly on mobo but better to try on controller for that 0.5% uncertainty. And it succeeded!
Was able to change colors and patterns via Asus armoury crate tool and also through CM tool.

View attachment 133937
You're lucky they didn't blow as the RGB 4pin controller on the motherboard is rated at 12v.

Back