Monitors CRT or LCD ??

atish

Disciple
I am trying to assemble a PC I have two weeks time..... I had long left using CRT's but when I saw a movie some 600x288 res. playing like HD movie at my friend's house.... I begain considering CRT as I suppose they won't give me jagged edges while gaming below naive resolution or playing demanding games at 800x600. Should I go for CRT (my eyes begin to water:aww: but now I'll play for not > 2hr) any which make ?? what size.??

OR

I will be buying a mercury 8600GT so can I just display things on a normal CRT T.V ?

Why I tipped over to an LCD:

1. no eye strain.

2. Lesser power consumption too.

Get a CRT ONLY of you are a graphics professional or someone who needs 100% accurate colors :)

For movie/games/internet, LCDs are better.

CRT would be bulkier and consume more power, but color reproduction would be much better than the average LCD.

Still wouldn't recommend buying a CRT for regular use, stick to a LCD :)

but has anyone noticed that CRT can play many things below normal resolution without blurring or jagging ...... I'll watch movies also.

No, I am asking which one will show better I read a few review and they said SD quality videos will look better on CRT.

Btw will my t.v connected to 8600gt act as monitor ???? Then I can got for LCD ;)

atish said:
No, I am asking which one will show better I read a few review and they said SD quality videos will look better on CRT.

Btw will my t.v connected to 8600gt act as monitor ???? Then I can got for LCD ;)

1. SD wont necessarily look bad on an LCD, unless its very low res, but in that case, u dont do full scree nwith it :p

2. Conecting a TV as a monitor is not a good idea cos of the low res etc :no:

Go to a cybercafe/friend etc with an LCD and test it out for urself. Isnt that th best option if you still have doubts? :)

I am a CRT user and the new LCD's make me bow down. The 8600GT will easily handle native resolution and if your so paranoid about that add 1k more and get yourself a 9600GSO.

Anways the future is HD, also there are plenty of rip available with x264 or h.264 get those.

atish said:
yeah good idea.... will check CRT at a friend's house tomorrow and report.Any CRT users here ?? ;)

Play a low-res video on the lcd and one on the crt. you'll see the difference yourself :p . Personally if you want best colour and all, safely take CRT . But the future is LCD, believe me :p

Back