Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 on its way :D

I didnt get ur logic Rio, u plan to buy conroe in a few months. By that time the price of high performance ddr-2 would surely have fallen as even AM2 would have been launched. you could have bought the ram when u bought the proccy and it would have cost u less as well. and its not like u dont have decent ram now, hyperx's arent a joke :D

Prices of high performance memory will not reduce a lot with AM2 and Conroe out... while I did get a good deal on this kit, it was still expensive. Besides, the next rig I'm building will cost way too much to buy/build in one month man, so I'm phasing my purchases... DVDRW and RAM, check, but a ton more to go LOL :D

Archer, the cost with shipping to US was $520... I'll have to spend a little more and get it shipped to India now.

Anish, 10 is asking too much LOL... before I get to benching, I need to complete my upgrade which is months away :)

Holy cow!!!you spend 23 k for a pair of 2 GB ram!!!!! What do you do? run a company or something???

Can't imagine how much you will be willing to spend on a graphics card or two!!!!

Retail price in the US is about $700... this is high performance RAM and though rated timings are 5-5-5-15, people have been able to get lower timings of 5-4-4-7 on Pentium D systems... imagine how they'd perform with Conroe :)

^^ 5 - 5 - 5 - 15 arent "Low" Timings..

OCZ Plans to release DDR2-1066 Ram w/ 4 - 3 - 3 - 8 Timings very soon.
I say uve made a mistake.

Its not bad RAM, but you could hawve go better. :eek:hyeah:

I guess those ballistix are the best fatbody d9 chips currently available. Nice choice though its a touch expensive :).

@golden: As of now no chip can do 4-4-4 @1000 or higher, let alone 4-3-3. So unless OCZ invents something itself :p, its not going to happen. Also OCZ uses micron chips for all its high perf ram line.

Aditya said:
^^ 5 - 5 - 5 - 15 arent "Low" Timings..

OCZ Plans to release DDR2-1066 Ram w/ 4 - 3 - 3 - 8 Timings very soon.

I say uve made a mistake.

Its not bad RAM, but you could hawve go better. :eek:hyeah:

Simple, they're currently not available and I haven't heard of this before :) Besides, if I were to wait, I'd rather get Crucial's DDR2-1100 memory but it will be super expensive in the first few months after release and I'm not up for that... as well, overclockers have been able to lower timings of the ballistix pc2-8000 to 5-4-4-7 on a Pentium D system... imagine what you could do with Core or Conroe, I'm guessing 4-4-4-7 would not be impossible ;)

Btw Chaos, My Corsair Value DDR2-533 has Micron chips too :p.

Well, it was announced, i read it somewhere. It was quite some time back. So i dont even have the link.
Ill look for it though.

Well, anyways, i have to pick up a 2GB DDR2 kit in June too. Hope something nice releases then :eek:hyeah:

You can look forward to DDR2-1100 but just like DDR2-1000, it will cost you... good news is you can get a 2GB DDR2-800 kit from Crucial for $340-350 now.

Chaos said:
I guess those ballistix are the best fatbody d9 chips currently available. Nice choice though its a touch expensive :).

@golden: As of now no chip can do 4-4-4 @1000 or higher, let alone 4-3-3. So unless OCZ invents something itself :p, its not going to happen. Also OCZ uses micron chips for all its high perf ram line.

Man, those are Revised D9 not the original. Also, Many Kits are doing 4-4-4-10 @ 1024(2.3V) and Fatbody D9 are doing it @ 4-3-3-XX(2.4-2.6V). My GSKill DDR2-800 are supposed to 102X@4-4-4-12 (2.3V) already!! And, I paid only $251(shipped). Yes I agree Micron are the best but elpida are doing just fine with Mushkin's 3-3-3-10 PC5300.

@Rio, dude you redefine the term "loaded". Congrats!

Congrats Rio!!!! Do post some benchies when they arrive.

BTW, just wondering....how will you use DDR2 with your mobo?? You are usiong DDR1 right now right??

Or is your mobo one of those which support DDR2 and DDR1??

Harshal said:
Man, those are Revised D9 not the original. Also, Many Kits are doing 4-4-4-10 @ 1024(2.3V) and Fatbody D9 are doing it @ 4-3-3-XX(2.4-2.6V). My GSKill DDR2-800 are supposed to 102X@4-4-4-12 (2.3V) already!! And, I paid only $251(shipped). Yes I agree Micron are the best but elpida are doing just fine with Mushkin's 3-3-3-10 PC5300.

@Rio, dude you redefine the term "loaded". Congrats!

Aah harshal thanks for the correction ;). What I meant was rated by manufacturer not what is done by overclockers. Are there any that are rated at 1GHz with 4-4-4 timings? I'm not so sure!

Chaos said:
Aah harshal thanks for the correction ;). What I meant was rated by manufacturer not what is done by overclockers. Are there any that are rated at 1GHz with 4-4-4 timings? I'm not so sure!

Nopes Chaos, the best 1Ghz kit ATM moment is the OCZ Plat

In an AT review, they recommend Corsair's DDR2-1000 kit because it's the best @ stock timings and frequency. However, the Ballistix is on top of Corsair once overclocked. OCZ was nowhere in the picture, but I know that's a good kit for < $500.

Back