Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: Crysis 2 preview

I beleive this is going to make us all console gamers cry. #graphics
Making me think of switching back to PC.

*Btw is it just me or did anyone else notice that the background score used is the same as from 300. Nine Inch Nails?

Ankur said:
I beleive this is going to make us all console gamers cry. #graphics
You are going to pleasantly surprised my friend. ;)

Read the excerpts from this interview - Console Crysis was 'inevitable' - News at GameSpot

And watch this:

[youtube]zZtlKcAt0PM[/youtube]

For starters, that was played on the X360. Ofc nothing beats the PC here when we are already talking of age old hardwares on the consoles. Rest assured, Crytek has already pushed the consoles to their limits with the upcoming title.

I'm getting it for both the platforms, regardless of how it performs. I have to see how the CryEngine 3 makes the consoles bleed. :p

Desecrator said:
Fixed! 10 chars.

Haha.. But, I've read somewhere that it was confirmed in an interview that Crysis 2 will be visually better than the 1st and will require lesser requirements than the previous title as well. What Crysis 2 will have is better code optimization than that in Warhead. But again, this is pure speculation until the game is released.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Holy Moly! Loved the slide and shoot feature. It's a nice addition to the suit's ability. Yerli had also mentioned about weapon modding ability in an interview, so it would be good to watch it in action.

Yup. Loved the slide.. :drool2:

Desecrator said:
You are going to pleasantly surprised my friend. ;)

Read the excerpts from this interview - Console Crysis was 'inevitable' - News at GameSpot

And watch this:

[youtube]zZtlKcAt0PM[/youtube]

For starters, that was played on the X360. Ofc nothing beats the PC here when we are already talking of age old hardwares on the consoles. Rest assured, Crytek has already pushed the consoles to their limits with the upcoming title.
wow, looks great ...but the effects are not crysis 1 great. :( i guess i will have to wait 3-4 years more to see that quality on consoles !

still am looking forward. Will be buying them on the 360 !

I hope my 5850 will not cry with this @1920*1080...keeping my fingures crossed...but I will seriously miss the jungle

i wont buy it from EA. I'd buy boxed DVD set, prolly from Intencity :p

my guess is Cry2 would be 10GB+ download.

d/lin is not a problem, but EADM is, feature less pos, it doesnt even let you to back-up games.

Steam has that back-up & restore feature, which is awesome, it even lets us choose format size - CD or DVD :D

Guys , how bout the CRYSIS 2 NANO EDITION ?

the one which comes with a back pack ??? Any idea bout the pricing ?

Back