CS 1.6 on the intel GMA 4500MHD

greenhorn

Patron
This infernal onboard seems to be on almost every laptop there is , and I've had to forsake many because of this.

My question is, will it run CS 1.6? ( I dont have any other games in mind)

800x600/ equivalent resolution

16 bit color

everything else set to low

will I get 60 fps ?

Even if someone smokes :p

I'm asking people who have laptops with this to answer.

Thanks

The game should run smooth @ 60FPS.. But when using SG's, frame rates will fall (happens with most intel chipsets.. don't know exactly what's the case with 4500MHD)..

Superfrag said:
There you go.

@ultra: Now you can disable the Vsync so that 1.6 runs at 100fps?

Yep there are a few work around's.....

Best one being going windowed with the desktop reso set to the game reso...

prolly will be getting a CR400x with an 8200M

I almost bought that but picked up a Compaq model. Doesn't have the T6600 processor (t4400 @ 2.2ghz), but it comes with 2gigs of ram, and a 9200gs video card which comes with 512 megs of DEDICATED video ram. Came out to around 28k inclusive of all taxes and a backpack free I believe.

Gaming performance is semi-decent. 25 fps on lowest quality, 1024x768for bad company 2 (personal experiece of about half an hour, not run a benchmark or anything, seemed plauable). H.A.W.X runs fine at the highest resolution, also runs avp 2 but the frame rate is crappy.

That should easily run CS 1.6 @ 100 fps for you. I'd pick it up quickly if I were you though, from what I heard from my dealer, they're soon going to phase out this laptop in favor of the fancier (and costlier) i3 based laptops.

Back