Currently reading the book

Post here, whch book you r reading currently..

this is created parallely as currently listening thread and hence the same rules apply here.

'm thinking of taking some sidney sheldon book from libraray..will soon update.. by the time, u guys keep posting.. :cool2:

ME??? I just finished Harry Potter Order of the phoenix. I am now reading OverDrive magazine.

Am picking up some wodehouses tomorrow. Will read them from 2morrow.

The last book i read thru was Motorcycle Diaries by Ernesto Che Guevara. Was turned into a movie last year. Its the story of an eight month hike across latin america of the author. For the less informed, this guy was the right hand man of Fidel Castro during the cuban revolution. The book is excellent and definitely worth a read.

Me readin The Godfather by Mario Puzo in the e-book form :eek:hyeah:
I switch on the comp to read the e-book :) but instead start reading the threads over here :|:| still only on page 46 of the 221 in 10 days :(:(

Also Reading the Bhagwad Gita.I feel so nice after reading it :) :) :)

EDIT:On the suggestion of my friend whose post is below mine,the book can be found at http://fictionbook.ru/en .Another link is http://greylib.align.ru/

Shade of Swords: Jihad and the Conflict between Islam and Christianity
MJ Akbar

[rank=usa2.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=169990]INFO[/rank]
just about to end it... grt book

BTW to make this thread useful, give some info about the book too.. if its not that polular.. amazon.com is nice for that or google search

Metallus said:

have read almost all of terry brooks. some of them were boring but some were pretty good.

and er have you read the books before the ones you listed , since those are pretty new and theres some story before them

Metallus said:
are these continuing story type books?
never read it so if you say they are good might as well read them.. saw something like this in the library i think

bottle said:
have read almost all of terry brooks. some of them were boring but some were pretty good.
and er have you read the books before the ones you listed , since those are pretty new and theres some story before them
Yup, have every one of Terry Brook's books including the incredibly boring Landover ones. Yaa the two I listed above are new but, not that new. There was a trilogy before those:

Ilse Witch, The Voyage of Jerle Shannara and Morgawr.

I b huuuuuge fantasy, swords and sorcery fan, have a big library :D.

@Nova - Yeah man these are continuing story type books. Like bottle said, some are pretty good and some are damn boring.... Oooh but, Warcraft is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought tanequil came out within the last year or so ? any idea about the eta of the next book ?

i gave the landover ones a miss hehe , am reading david gemmel now . what other fantasy series do you recommend ?

As the crow flies ---- One of all time fav books..... And those who have not read "Not a penny more, not a penny less" should read it.

It is a classic. The ending is one of the best I have ever seen....

bottle said:
i thought tanequil came out within the last year or so ? any idea about the eta of the next book ?
i gave the landover ones a miss hehe , am reading david gemmel now . what other fantasy series do you recommend ?
Yeah Tanequil came out last year, third one is due this year towards the end. Try out some Dragonlance books, specially The Minotaur Wars Trilogy, all three books are out now. And give the Forgotten Realms a go too (if ya want I can tell ya which ones ;) ). Gemmel's Drenai tales are pretty good, last I read were, White Wolf and Swords of Day and Night (Waylander series was the best). Heck even books on Eberron have started appearing (I gotta get me some of those).

0618391118.01._PE34_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Title
The Silmarillion -J. R. R. Tolkein and Christopher Tolkein

Description
Description said:
Book Description
The tales of The Silmarillion were the underlying inspiration and source of J.R.R. Tolkien's imaginative writing; he worked on the book throughout his life but never brought it to a final form. Long preceding in its origins The Lord of the Rings, it is the story of the First Age of Tolkien's world, the ancient drama to which characters in The Lord of the RIngs look back and in which some of them, such as Elrond and Galadriel, took part.

The title Silmarillion is shortened from Quenta Silmarillion, "The History of the Silmarils," the three great jewels created by Feanor, most gifted of the Elves, in which he imprisoned the light of the Two Trees that illumined Valinor, the land of the gods. When Morgoth, the first Dark Lord, destroyed the Trees, that light lived on only in the Silmarils; Morgoth seized them and set them in his crown, guarded in the impenetrable fortress of Angband in the north of Middle-earth. The Silmarillion is the history of the rebellion of Feanor and his people against the gods, their exile in Middle-earth, and their war, hopeless despite all the heroisim of Elves and Men, against the great Enemy.

The book includes several other, shorter works beside The Silmarillion proper. Preceding it are "Ainulindale," the myth of Creation, and "Valaquenta," in which the nature and powers of each of the gods is set forth. After The Silmarillion is "Akallabeth," the story of the downfall of the great island kingdom of Numenor at the end of the Second Age; completing the volume is "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age," in which the events of The Lord of the Rings are treated in the manner of The Silmarillion.

Other Details
Details said:
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin; 2nd edition (November 15, 2004)
Language: English
Product Dimensions: 10.0 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 3.3 pounds.

A good and interesting book....only sad part is the number of new names which popup almost everypage....very hard to remember. Good thing is, the names and their basic bg is mentioned in the index at the end.:p

Aces170 said:
Just finished eye of the world, will read wheel of time Part 2 now.
Aw man, there was a time when I used to think that this series would actually go somewhere. Now after 10 books and 7500+ pages....... I've given up on Robert Jordan and The Wheel of Time.

Aces man, best of luck, if you're like me, you'll be pulling your hair out by book 4 :eek:hyeah:.

Back