Custom email domain...

My friend has cleared GRE ( Marks : 1460 :cool2: ) and he is about to apply for internship program under some professors abroad.
The technical part of this problem is he doesnt has any "professional" looking e-mail id. Neither does our college provide any email accounts. And the mails from Yahoo n Hotmails end up in Junk box of those professors.
I have read somewhere there is a way to cloak an ordinary email address with something like >> your_name@your_domain.com.
Any ideas....? The cost should be minimum, if at all...

Well, if you want something really really cheap, then you can do as follows.
* Register a domain name.
* Register a webmaster account at Gawab.com for free
* Get the MX Record details from Gawab, and make the changes in your Domain's MX Record
* Set up a login page somewhere

What this will do for you is allow you to have your own webmail service, at the domain you registered. So your friend can have his pro looking email addy.

Registering a domain shouldn't cost more than say 500 bucks if you go through net4domains. The MX Record can be changed through their control panel in a real simple way too.

Regards
Inzider

What if i want to save Rs. 500 as well:) ?
If i register a .tk( or if any other such free domain exists, lemme kno plz). Do they offer this MX settings thing? Is it possible that way?

Well i guess you're on a real "budget" then.
If you're using the .tk service, then you won't get the option to modify the MX record. You will however get some normal Mail forwarding. The best bet, if you need a professional look, is to go in for a domain. However, before you register a domain, i suggest you take a look at gawab.com to see if you find the service good enough. Alternatively, you can take a look at BigMailBox.com. They take around 10 days to actually approve your application. You will also need to show a working site to the BigMailbox guys. It is however, worth the trouble as the service is error free and very reliable.

Regards
Inzider

Back