FS: Power Cooling and Modding Custom Length Cable Service

@rockyo27 Regarding wire gauge, AWG 18 is the max that can be used anything larger can't be crimped onto the terminal and it wont fit within the socket also. So I would not recommend doing so. AWG 16 has more than enough AMP carrying capacity at 12v to deliver upto 150w so anything larger is not needed but I use AWG 16 as I had them at that time and also it is kinda thick so you can make them stay in the shape you need easily than AWG 18. Regarding the price of the cable of above mentioned size will be around 250rs without shipping.

@immolationepoch The heatshrink is at the PSU end so it is easy to hide as such I use them in three layers(First to hold the sleeve, Second to hold the two wires from the gpu side, Third to hold the joint of the three wires) to make sure the joint stays put and provide enough stress relief for the cable. To be honest it can be reduced by about 1/3rd but I just wanted to make sure it is as safe as possible than going for looks. Thanks for the tip :grinning: and encouraging words

Another Custom Job that I did for @rajch2002
A custom power and signal cable for external radiator and fan controller, Consisting of three parts,
Part 1: Motherboard(USB header) & PSU(4 pin connector, not yet decided on the psu, so socket selection has not been done) to case end(6 pin female din connector), All sleeved with black paracord
Part 2: computer case end(6 pin male din connector) to radiator case end(6 pin male din connector), Single 6mm sleeve using a plastic sleeve
Part 3: Radiator case end(6 pin female din connector) to Fan controller(custom 8pin JST-SM connector) & Radiator(4 pin molex connector), a combination of single plastic sleeve and individual paracord sleeve.
01.Custom-Power-Signal-X1.jpg 02.Custom-Power-Signal-X2.jpg03.Custom-Power-Signal-X3.jpg

@b.life I have a set of PSU extension sleeves that i was hoping to get modified. Do you take job requests such as this?
Let me know please, ill share more details on what im looking to do with extension cables

Recently did a custom length 12VHPWR cable,
Specs:
2x8Pin PCI-E to 1x12VHPWR, Both Sense 0(S3),1(S4) populated for max 600w power draw, all 4 signal pins populated for looks. Signal pins S1,S2 are terminated inside the sleeve for better looks.
All wires sleeved with black paracord, singal wires are bundled together as individual sleeving is not possible(can be done but not worth it in my opinion)
01.12vhpwr.jpeg

Signal pin on PCI-E is reinforced with red heatshrink for support.

Last edited:
Back