Customs Query regarding laptop

Hi,
A relative of mine is coming down from US . Now hes carrying a Laptop (his official work one) and a new one for my grandad... Now i know that the limit for number of laptops is 2 .. So incase i ask him to get another Laptop/Netbook how much customs etc do you think i would have to pay ..
Thanks

I bought two laptops with me and nobody even checked.

I just put one of the laptops in the cabin bag and the other in my hand.

If incase he gets three, he could either undervalue it or just shove it in the cabin bag along with the other and mark that he has nothing to declare, which is RISKY because if you get caught then you have to pay duty on everything.

I am thinking of showing this as a Used laptop .. This would undervalue it too wudnt it .. How to show it as a Used laptop is my next question

Not a problem. I brought 2 netbooks and my personal laptop from the US without any problem. The laptop and netbook went in my haversack, the other netbook was in a suitcase. I know it is risky (theft etc.) but thankfully no incidents occured.

25.5%-29% approx range if caught.

And try to fool them.

They will just keep the person waiting till they google by model no. and get a idea of price.

Now, even if you get at 1000 USD due to a good deal, if regular price is 1400, they will charge as per 1400 UNLESS you show the bill. Note that their decision is binding, and to contest you need to provide proper proof or leave the item with customs till resolution.

Headache

Back