CV650 or CX550?

invinci

Disciple
Hello everyone,

posting this after a while. So, I have CX550 already which is not working properly. So, I have sent it to RMA. Now, the Service center is saying that CX550 replacement is not available since its out of stock everywhere. So, either I have to opt for Refund or for CV650. If I opt for refund I would get less money based on depreciation calculation which the person haven't confirmed me with. What would be my best option according to you? CX550 still has one year warranty left. Would like some assistance in deciding what's my best option.

Confirm the amount vs the price of CV650. Do whatever you please with it. If you have a basic PC and don't plan to put high end CPU/GPU then CV650 is good enough.

Confirm the amount vs the price of CV650. Do whatever you please with it. If you have a basic PC and don't plan to put high end CPU/GPU then CV650 is good enough.
I already have another Corsair power supply which older then CX550 and its working great. They didn't said anything exact about the refund calculation criteria. Just that I would either get refund or CV650.
Get the refund. CV is inferior to CX.
Invest the amount into a better tier psu.
I'm also kind of leaning towards refund but I am thinking of getting a clarity about how they are going to calculate the final value for my PSU. The service center person was initially trying the pass me a CV550 but when I informed him that its inferior to CX series then he said CV650 can also be shipped to me. I already have an old Corsaid PSU that saved me when CX550 went kaput. Its still rocking solid even after like 9 years. They don't make like that anymore tbh.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, if refund calculation is based in what you paid and what period is left then you might be in serious loss. Well they agreed to provide similar or better but not inferior product as replacement.

I think refund should be based on calculating current price of the product as there is drastic increase in prices in the last 2 years. Ask this way otherwise you are in loss.

Back