D-link GLB-802C router/modem problem.anybody else facing?

cool_cat

Adept
I have this GLB-802C router for past 5-6 months.for the past 2 months or so ,I was facing frequent disconnections and I guess it is always the problem with BSNL guys(I got dataone H500).so ,lately I found out that this router disconnects broadband dsl link every 5 minutes.YES - exactly 5 minutes.
Then ,I tried whatever possible.from hard reset with router to every configuration possible.Still it fails exactly at 5 minutes intervals.so ,I gave the router for warranty service.they "checked" at d-link service centre cochin and "confirmed" everything is OK .:mad:

Now ,I called the fellow who is in-charge(one mr.Joby) he says he will repair the router for sure.
--
Before that ,I want to know is there anything else I can try to escape the journey to 40kms away city?Something to solve this weirdo problem?:)

OMG :S, this is the exact same problem with the older GLB 502T. Can you check whether the router gets heated up ?

I gave it to the service center and got the firmware upgraded for the GLB 502T and the issue of disconnection upon overheating was fixed but there was one other problem, i.e the router will d/c even if there is slightest voltage fluctuation. Annoying router, got rid of it recently.

Possible solution to your problem, see if there is any firmware upgrade else assuming that it is a heating problem you can place a 120mm fan next to the router to cool it :p.

Check this out http://www.techenclave.com/564121-post34.html

Saiyan said:
Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but since my stupid router had a overheating problem, i was using the fan in my room 24*7 for past 15 days, got scolding from my dad today morning for the same. So did this

Thanks to masky for giving me the idea.

hu hu hu. had the same problem with my dsl 502T. would disconnect every hour without fail and even though it reconnected it would not download or just hang.

ditched it for a linksys am300. it does disconnect but only when the down margin comes to 0 or so, but mostly it does not disconnect at that low snr too :D it still keeps downloading at 15 kbs instead of the normal 30-35.

AWW! I know about the problems with 502T .but ..this router was functioning fine until few months back :oops:

--

YES!It gets overheated! :(

I got a replacement for the GLB-802C .now ,I got 2 routers! :D(I have iball ibaton brand new for sale ,if anybody is interested!) currently using the replacement router.

I would like to know the trouble shooting steps:

1)modem/router ,Splitter,connecting lines inside my room,phone everything is OK.I had personally made every connections (again!)

2)We got a box outside our house by BSNL people.although I dont experience any noise(but disconnects BB) ,Should I get new cable to wire from box to my room?

aur haan: exchange port was changed already - exchange wale says they had done everything possible.Now?

Back