D2H offers free STB with DVD player

Tron05

Adept
Got a sms from Videocon d2h today, saying that my mobile no. has won a free D2H set top box with dvd player and had a link to register.

After entering my mobile number, the following text was shown.

During The Time of D2H Videocon Advertising Survey Your Mobile Number has Won a D2H Videocon Digital Dish TV With DVD Player†With This Offer You Also Get a Free Gift Hamper of Rs. 3399/- 2Years Dish TV Channel Package And This is Without Any Insulation Charge With all Valid Documents. Dear Customer This Free Gift is Absolutely Free And You Will Not Wave To Pay Any Amount In Near Future. Moreover To Avail This Offer You Will Wave Register With Us And To Registration Last Date is On 28/06/2010 .Please Follow The Company Rules And Regulation And Enjoy The Privileges Given By The Company.

Is this just another spam? because D2H website is

Anybody else received this sms?

The owner of this website is :

Deepak Sharma

204, C.R Avenue

Kolkata, West Bengal 700007

India

Ph: +91.8100417031

And he seem to have no connection to Videocon, so probally a dealer or marketing firm trying to generate leads

During The Time of D2H Videocon Advertising Survey Your Mobile Number has Won a D2H Videocon Digital Dish TV With DVD Player” With This Offer You Also Get a Free Gift Hamper of Rs. 3399/- 2Years Dish TV Channel Package And This is Without Any Insulation Charge With all Valid Documents. Dear Customer This Free Gift is Absolutely Free And You Will Not Wave To Pay Any Amount In Near Future. Moreover To Avail This Offer You Will Wave Register With Us And To Registration Last Date is On 28/06/2010 .Please Follow The Company Rules And Regulation And Enjoy The Privileges Given By The Company.

lol! spam most certainly.

spam alrite, but using a brand name directly and going to the extent of creating a dummy website with the same look and feel as the D2H site. Videocon can easily pin a fraud case against the owner.
And not everybody can log in to the site. Registration for this offer needs just entering you address(not even mail id). They already have my mobile number.

Now wondering what kind os spam is this?

Back