Da Vinci Debate

Dear all,

Please excuse me if this is a repost..... But i am curious about raising this question.... Many of us have already read the DA VINCI CODE and most among them have liked it.... So what do you TE readers think about the PAGAN WORSHIPPER vs THE CHURCH war.... The facts presented by Mr. DAN BROWN are indepth.... Do you think that Jesus was just an ordinary man, famed as an idol, so that he can be used as a symbol of god on earth....????

PS : Before you all start swearing against me and firing all sorts of questions... let me tell you... though i do not believe in god... i do believe in faith which common people like us associate with an unknown force not seen or heard by us.....

^^ Which we chennai-ites couldnt see ... grrrr....

i think the whole debate is crazy. we arent even sure what took place 2000 years ago. why dont we look to the future?

Mixed opinion here. The list they found with all the names of the headmasters of the Priory Of Sion could be just made up, or it can be real but serve for an entirely different purpose.

I do believe that the Bible, can be influneced of politics, afterall its men who wrote it, and like (Napolean??) said, 'History is written by the winners' and this was the case specially in the Christ era.

guys get the newsweek, special on da vinci stuff.... lots of things on it
as for the priory of sion, it was a group started in 1956, and rest of the stuff is crap as confessed by a dying frnchman :p

Two of my favourite quotes from the book are 'History is written by the winners' as stated above and 'The bible did not arrive by fax from heaven'. The second one is even more pertinent than the first. Let me say that I do not believe in god. I tend to believe part of what dan brown says in the da vinci code, but no not because i dont believe in god. Its on the weight of the above two quotes. Yes i believe that fact completely though, that jesus was an ordinary man. Why? Because i have no proof that he was not an ordinary man. Dont take this in the wrong sense, and tell me so why do u believe in other things that dont have any proof. Well this is just how i feel. Would be interested in reading what the rest of you guys post.

dude in early eras saints were given the responsibilty of maintaining the balance between good and evil (if u didnt know) and i m atleast 95% sure christians at tht time knew nething bout saints... if they saw something miraculous happening they would relate it to GOD... Saints are way above human beings (i guess i dont have to put everything in words now) rest assured jesus wasnt a normal human being...

@Systemic Anamoly Unlike u say in the early time saints were the judge/jury and the executioner,they were not responsible for mainting the the balance of good and evil,to me any Human Being That Shows Compassion And Unconditional Love To A Fellow Human Deserves to Be Called A Saint,Originally Religion's Were Meant To Instill A Fear Of the Consequences Of Our Actions,Every Religion on earth has its own version of hell Where All Who Go Against The Will Of Their Respective Gods Are Sent,And Those Who Stick to God Are Sent To A Cushy Heaven

@hunt3r People Beleive In God As It Gives Them A Hope for The Future,A Hope That There Is A Supreme Power That Will Make Everything Right,Faith Doest Depend On Facts U Just Need To Beleive:p

welcome back night huntre finally u got over tht ro fever eh ... good

neways i didnt say saints were the judges :p i merely said they were given responsibility (theres a difference).. judge is always the GOD
uhh unconditional Love? show me one "human being" on this planet "That Shows true Compassion And Unconditional Love To A Fellow Human"... (theres always a greed or purpose) human beings were, are and will be bound by the 6 factors while true saints arent :) if the 6 impurities were to be removed from humans then there would be heavy imbalance which cannot be possible in ne decade...

i would just brief it up when a person deeply meditates on god he attains certain levels and once he has acheived supreme he cannot be termed or compared to a normal person although he might exist in blood and flesh...

Where All Who Go Against The Will Of Their Respective Gods Are Sent,And Those Who Stick to God Are Sent To A Cushy Heaven
the reason behind tht was only to stop wrong actions from being done but as its said man proposes god disposes no matter how much a man thinks to make a world peaceful it can never happen.. [hint] its basically easy to balance a Heavy evil: Poor Good than Heavy Good: Poor Evil ;)

neways the theories aint tht simple to be spelled out its way complex than it looks..

OT hope ur active here NH ^_^

Systemic Anamoly said:
welcome back night huntre finally u got over tht ro fever eh ... good

neways i didnt say saints were the judges :p i merely said they were given responsibility (theres a difference).. judge is always the GOD
uhh unconditional Love? show me one "human being" on this planet "That Shows true Compassion And Unconditional Love To A Fellow Human"... (theres always a greed or purpose) human beings were, are and will be bound by the 6 factors while true saints arent :) if the 6 impurities were to be removed from humans then there would be heavy imbalance which cannot be possible in ne decade...

i would just brief it up when a person deeply meditates on god he attains certain levels and once he has acheived supreme he cannot be termed or compared to a normal person although he might exist in blood and flesh...
the reason behind tht was only to stop wrong actions from being done but as its said man proposes god disposes no matter how much a man thinks to make a world peaceful it can never happen.. [hint] its basically easy to balance a Heavy evil: Poor Good than Heavy Good: Poor Evil ;)

neways the theories aint tht simple to be spelled out its way complex than it looks..

OT hope ur active here NH ^_^
So U Still Remember Me:p,And Yea I Am Over That Stupid Game:clap:
How Can Someone Meditate On A Higher Supreme Power All One Can Do Is To Show Love And Compassion Towards Others,As For U asking Me To Show u An Example Of Unconditional Love,Tell Me One Religion That Propered On Fear Hate,Resentment Towards Its Leader/God,Religions Are Formed On The Bases Of Love And Not Hate ,If God Cannot Love Anyone Then Why Would Anyone Would Stick To That Religion:hap2:
O.T Fells Damn Good To Be Back:tongue:

well i was revolving round my religion which is hinduism and as far as i know there are More than enuff methods already given on how "someone can meditate on a higher supreme" u just suggested one method urself "All one can do is show Love and compassion towards others" as u might see u need a lot of mind power to get over self ego, greed, jealousy, hatred.... (u get my point dont u ;) ) in order to have true compasion and Love towards others... u can either cut urself from the rest of the world or u can stay in the world and serve others both ways u can achieve the supreme.... but the point was about saints and not on how to acheive GOD :p u went OT.. :tongue:

If God Cannot Love Anyone Then Why Would Anyone Would Stick To That Religion

religion doesnt affect much on the belief in god "Situation" is the precise answer... even a Hard non believer of God will pray to god in his/her extremely tough time, so many people come under so many religion how many people actually follow it properly? its not untill a tough time do people truly realise bout GOD

lol this topic was bout the da vinci and it reached hinduism lol ok no more OTs :p

Ok Ok Coming Back To The Topic:)
Da Vinci Code Is Really A Great book,But I liked Angel's And Demon's:hap2: much better,As For Jesus Being An Ordinary man That Fact Can Never be Proved Due To The Simple Fact That hunt3r pointed out from the book itself 'History is written by the winners' , So This Is Sort Of An Endless Debate

@Systemic Anamoly Going A Little OT Again:p ,But The The Proud Hindu History Is Refrefered To As Hindu Mythology,Every Heard Of Christian Mythology:huh:

But It Does Not Refer To Jesus Christ As A Myth it just Poins out The Myths Like The Holy Grail Etc.. Whereas hindu Mythology "The most important of these are a voluminous group of works known as the Puranas, of which there are eighteen main. The two great Hindu Epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, are other major works of Hindu mythology."
P.s I May Sound As A Non Believer But During My Exams I Become An Adamant Believer:rofl:

how can it refer to Jesus Christ as a myth??? Christianity is based on him... but i read in some book that in Early Stages only rulers had changed the sayings of Christ so as it suited some politics? (i m not entirely sure bout this)

i think Da vinci also points it out have to read tht book again bible didnt arrive by fax or something like tht

well purans were written by saints after all... :D
P.s I May Sound As A Non Believer But During My Exams I Become An Adamant Believe
:lol:

Jesus was an ordinary man. I belive that. But I frankly cant comment about the marry magadelan thing.
Also the things mentioned by Brown are ridiculous. It has been proven that the priories of sione didnt exist before 1950. Also hez making too much out of the picture. That has also been explained nicely by howstuffworks.
Howstuffworks "How The Da Vinci Code Doesn't Work"

After I read Davince code, read lot of stuff on the net about christian mythology.
Result: I am even more confuzed.

Dan Brown seemed inspired creating more mythology than fiction.

Back