Daikin FT50MV16, Made in Thailand, Imported in May 2012 for 39.5k, OK??

Zinc

Adept
Hi guys,

I know it's not the best time for buying an AC but a friend is buying one and is getting the following quote in Noida, please suggest whether this is ok:

Daikin FT50MV16 1.5T 5 Star
Made in Thailand
Imported in May 2012
Price: 39.5k (excluding piping kit)
Installation: 1500 + Piping cost + 1000 (stand) + Stabilizer

He needs to buy it very soon and after a lot of research (including mine here) he has zeroed in on Daikin Non Inverter models.

I thought a Panasonic inverter based 1.5T unit, made in Malaysia costed around the 36~38k mark. Wouldn't it be sensible to go for a inverter based unit?

There is a considerable amount of savings for inverter based models (more so if the usage is also high). Browse through this thread and see what franky had to say - http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/battle-inverter-air-conditioners-daikin-130886/

PS: Are you back in town? Vacation? Head to the gaming/consoles sections please. :p

I thought a Panasonic inverter based 1.5T unit, made in Malaysia costed around the 36~38k mark. Wouldn't it be sensible to go for a inverter based unit?

There is a considerable amount of savings for inverter based models (more so if the usage is also high). Browse through this thread and see what franky had to say - http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/battle-inverter-air-conditioners-daikin-130886/

PS: Are you back in town? Vacation? Head to the gaming/consoles sections please. :p

The Daikin inverter based unit was around 43k base price but since the usage will not be more than 8 hours per day so I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.
Moreover the 1.5T also seems like an overkill to me but my friend insists.

I had actually gone through a multitude of the AC threads here and had short listed Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Hitachi.
Meanwhile, my friend had zeroed in on Daikin based on his own research via dealer connections.
He's just buying it for the bed room and will need more ACs afterwards for other bed rooms and living room.
I think for the living room he intends to buy an inverter based model since that one will be used the most.

PS: Yes, I'm finally back after around 6.5 months and will go next in may be January so it's a sort of long vacation. Meanwhile got Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops (both PS3 versions) as surprise gifts. The backlog is huge for the moment!
I left a reply to your birthday post on FB, I guess in July or something.

I think I, myself, will soon need a washing machine and a refrigerator and was looking at your Bosch purchase.
Still need to search more for the refrigerator.

Ezone is giving discounts on various products. You can try looking in Ezone if you can get a better deal, chances are slim though, for this premium category of brand.

Back