Daikin or Hitachi?

Daikin, just picked up a 1,5 5Star non inverter myself. Impressive performance, amazingly quiet and even the outdoor exchanger unit is quite surprisingly low on vibrations.

I picked up 2, 1 ton inverter. Amazing performance. No noise on both indoor and outdoor. Power consumption extremely low. But this model is not available everywhere. Very select outlets get to sell this model as per company policy.

I have both Hitachi and Daikin. Hands down the Daikin wins but then the Daikin is the newer inverter model. It is very quite. The outdoor unit is so quiet that one really has to stand next to it to hear it running.

LOL. Daikin gives good first impressions. Problem? yeah it's indoor unit will keep your floor wet all the time with the drops of water coming within 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem? yeah it's indoor unit will keep your floor wet all the time with the drops of water coming within 2 years.
Seems like you are the only one who has ever seen a Daikin work more than two years..

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you are the only one who has ever seen a Daikin work more than two years..

That is what my GYM owner told me, and he told me he has 2 ACs, one of which is daikin and one is voltas, and he is fed up with his unit of daikin, btw what's the hate all about ?

Why would you compare an AC running in a gym to one running at home? different environment and different usage, your post in any case was absolutely ridiculous and irrelevant ,what sort of reaction were you expecting ?

For the benefit of the OP: The leakage issue is mainly an installation issue. I had a similar issue with a Godrej A/C. Now, that does not make the Godrej A/C any inferior. The problem was with the slope of the drain pipe. If the slope is not properly maintained, over a period of time, due to excess humidity (during rainy seasons) and dust accumulation if not properly cleaned there could be some clogging. This generally is not an issue if the slope is OK as gravity will take care of draining of the water. In my case, I had to get the slope adjusted to get rid of the drainage issue.

For the benefit of the OP: The leakage issue is mainly an installation issue. I had a similar issue with a Godrej A/C. Now, that does not make the Godrej A/C any inferior. The problem was with the slope of the drain pipe. If the slope is not properly maintained, over a period of time, due to excess humidity (during rainy seasons) and dust accumulation if not properly cleaned there could be some clogging. This generally is not an issue if the slope is OK as gravity will take care of draining of the water. In my case, I had to get the slope adjusted to get rid of the drainage issue.

Exactly. Excellently explained and I've experienced this myself. Not just in India but even in the gulf, where General and Carrier dominate - I have seen indoor units occasionally drip during the peak summer months and usually is just a drain pipe that's a bit off on the angle or has just been clogged over the years of use. This does not automatically lead to the deduction that the brand is crap 100% of the time, unless of course its proven to have been related to a defect in the unit which only a technician would able to confirm to an owner.

Daikin is no more trusted as earlier, fully assembled in india. As of now mitsubishi and panasonic are doing well. O general still the best reliable option.

These depend totally on local service support. For ex. Hitachi outsources support where I live, people are quite unhappy with the lack of response. Unlike most appliances, after-sales service matters a lot in case of ACs.

Why would you compare an AC running in a gym to one running at home? different environment and different usage, your post in any case was absolutely ridiculous and irrelevant ,what sort of reaction were you expecting ?
Point to be noted ;)

Back