Budget 15-20K Daily use phone for ~15k

desidude

Recruit

What is your budget? Mention Locality/Currency & Price Range.

New or Used? Online or in-store?

New, online or in store

Brand -

Do you have any brand preference or dislikes? Please name them.

No brand preference but a brand that has good build quality, warranty and is easy to fix when outside warranty.

What is your intended use?

Casual - Calls, texts & Browsing, you tube

What is your expected battery backup?

Half day or more

How long are you intending to use this phone?

Should run fine for 3+ years.

What is your preferred network?

5G if possible or else 4G

What is the number of connections required?

Single SIM, Dual will be nice to have

Platform :

Do you have any OS preference?

Android

RAM & Storage -

How much RAM and Storage do you want?

Whatever is sufficient for average use, some photos, some videos

Do you want a memory card slot?

Not important

If you have an idea of how much processing power you'd need mention here, else feel free to ignore.

N/A

What is your preferred display size, type, resolution and refresh rate?

N/A

Mention any specific requirements here.

N/A

Any other requirements?

Overall just a good phone for daily use that will last for a few years

If you have already considered a phone, then please mention.

Oppo A78

If any requirement takes a higher than other, mention here.

Good value for money, good build, not delicate. Want this phone for daily use e.g you tube, web browsing, phone calls, camera and social media are not that important.

Poco x5 pro 5g would be best for your needs. Bank discount and exchange would bring it well below 15k (Flipkart has offers starting from 9th). Also this phone does not have motherboard issues like it's predecessor x3 pro.

Avoid all oppo & vivo branded phones, always a poor value. They make value for money devices via realme, iqoo or even Oneplus.

Moto G54 8/128GB should be good, no OS updates after android 14 likely. But phone should perform well in coming years as its SoC is competent & it runs the stock android.

I too want to buy a phone at the same price with OP's requirements. Sorry for hijacking!

Was strongly considering the Realme Narzo 60 5G.

Can anyone tell me if it would be a good choice? I've heard most ads can be disabled and I like the specs.

I too want to buy a phone at the same price with OP's requirements. Sorry for hijacking!

Was strongly considering the Realme Narzo 60 5G.

Can anyone tell me if it would be a good choice? I've heard most ads can be disabled and I like the specs.
My recommendation remains at Moto G54 for everyone. If it is for someone like your parents who have a brand preference, get them a Samsung M34.

Hey @OMEGA44-XT , thank you for your response. I really want an in display fingerprint scanner, that's my only non-negotiable...

It would be nice if you could explain why everyone should avoid the narzo 60
In display FP is overrated. I won't mind a side mounted one as that is actually a better position.

AMOLED is an advantage of narzo 60 vs G54, but latter has a lighter stock android, usable ultrawide camera & better battery life as advantages.

Seeing 18k price of narzo 60, I can make a stronger case for 19k G84 as that will give OLED panel with in display FP, as well as a better camera with OIS (even G54 has OIS but doubt it matters much there), lighter weight & 256GB storage.

I think spec wise for me the realme gt2 pro is ahead of everything else but the 128 GB at 21k is out of stock, I can't find stable custom roms for it and I'm not sure it's ok to use Chinese android, plus the os would likely suck. Not sure if there's something else like that rn or coming soon (2k screen, good camera, and good chipset)

I think I'll just go with the m34 since I just do basic stuff (some chat apps, YT, reading, flashcards and such)

Spending 10k for dex and stable 4k video seems a bit too much so I think I'll pass on the s21fe too.

I think spec wise for me the realme gt2 pro is ahead of everything else but the 128 GB at 21k is out of stock, I can't find stable custom roms for it and I'm not sure it's ok to use Chinese android, plus the os would likely suck. Not sure if there's something else like that rn or coming soon (2k screen, good camera, and good chipset)

I think I'll just go with the m34 since I just do basic stuff (some chat apps, YT, reading, flashcards and such)

Spending 10k for dex and stable 4k video seems a bit too much so I think I'll pass on the s21fe too.
For me, the only Samsung phone beyond M34 that I recommend is S23. Others have some major issues, usually the SoC. A34 is decent but overpriced, should have been under 22-23k even considering Samsung tax.

Back