Laptops Damaged WiFi Card & Antenna socket - Can this be fixed ? Asus laptop

Use tweezers to remove the connector from the wifi antenna carefully. Changing the antenna will be difficult as you will need to open the display panel and i would not recommend it.

Get a wifi 6 card from @mzsa1994
for the Asus Tuf A15, the antennas are very easy to replace... just remove the battery and u are done..
yes for some laptops u need to remove display

for the Asus Tuf A15, the antennas are very easy to replace... just remove the battery and u are done..
yes for some laptops u need to remove display

Oh, didn't know that. But then I guess this could explain their relatively poorer network range (have one, replaced the RTL with an Intel)

Update - The issue has been now fixed after Asus replaced the damaged Antenna unit with a new one.

Total cost - 1421₹ (Including two times service engineer home visit charges)

If u have an Asus authorised service centre nearby, u can save 550₹

ok quick update - I had raised an out of warranty service request with Asus and one of their onsite engineer visited my house and confirmed antenna module needs to be replaced.
Within an hour I received the below Quotation from Asus vendor asking me to approve the part replacement including service charges.

The antenna costs just 70 bucks and service charge is whopping 1.3k :eek:
I had no choice but to approve the replacement and service charges, will confirm how this goes once the part replacement is done.

View attachment 183141
It seems like a fair quote considering its onsite.
1350 for an onsite and intricate/involved repair is not bad at all

Back